**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Can someone who has the phone in UK do me a fav please. Enable developer mode and see if oem unlock is showing as an option. Its not for me

Main camera comparison on a little walk down town I did today after work. S23 Ultra on the left, S22 Ultra on the right. Exact same custom settings in the normal Photo mode. Scene Optimiser is always off, all taken in the 4:3 mode (200MP sensor, binned to 12MP output):

LyBj7HZ.jpg 2vMpcCb.jpg

zMMCvHn.jpg aLOq451.jpg

vYXS6JW.jpg ZFNHPfo.jpg

gt32ASi.jpg 50DrTu1.jpg

The S23 Ultra's images just feel more natural, contain more highlight detail and just are more balanced I'd say. Also the added detail when zoomed in, especially the ferry!

100W cables arrived and some free Haribo :)

Oh and both our S23 phones have arrived but I'm being a good husband and waiting for my wife.

Last edited:
I’ve received a notification from DPD that they’re expecting a parcel from Samsung. Hopefully the phone comes tomorrow. Knowing my luck the package will contain the Watch and screen protectors and the phone’s delayed.

Stupidly it looks like Samsung has sent my screen protector in my order and the phone and watch are still on “Preparing Dispatch”.

They’ve used DPD to send the screen protectors? Anyway it’s due tomorrow and I don’t know when I will be receiving the phone.

I always use the box that my previous phone came in and just smother it in bubble wrap.

My laptop came in a battered box this time but fortunately the main box insude was undamaged.

Just out of interest, has anyone checked to see what Hz the screen is running at?
If I enable the 'show refresh rate' in developer options it only goes as low as 24hz and not the 1hz as advertised, or is there another way of looking at it?

Stupidly it looks like Samsung has sent my screen protector in my order and the phone and watch are still on “Preparing Dispatch”.

They’ve used DPD to send the screen protectors? Anyway it’s due tomorrow and I don’t know when I will be receiving the phone.
I have the same issue , received the case yesterday but I suspect the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro is holding up the order. Now showing as out of stock for the graphite/silver one .

The deal they had the other day we so good on them not surprised, especially when combined with the phone discount, trade-in on watch and additional discounts on top.

I'm happy to wait and see how others get on with their phones, give me time to cancel/return if things aren't up to scratch

Last edited:
I have the same issue , received the case yesterday but I suspect the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro is holding up the order. Now showing as old of stock for the graphite/silver one .

The deal they had the other day we so good on them not surprised, especially when combined with the phone discount, trade-in on watch and additional discounts on top.

I'm happy to wait and see how others get on with their phones, give me time to cancel/return if things aren't up to scratch
Good shout, also gives me time to convert my smart home devices to Matter so the Galaxy will be able to control them. Waiting on the Aeotec Smart Hub

Main camera comparison on a little walk down town I did today after work. S23 Ultra on the left, S22 Ultra on the right. Exact same custom settings in the normal Photo mode. Scene Optimiser is always off, all taken in the 4:3 mode (200MP sensor, binned to 12MP output):

How do you convert from 200 to 12mp output, in the camera or outside on a PC?

I want to try this on the S23 because GSM Arena claims
The 50MP images offer higher-than-expected resolved detail, accurate colors, and wider dynamic range than the Auto mode

How do you convert from 200 to 12mp output, in the camera or outside on a PC?

I want to try this on the S23 because GSM Arena claims
The 50MP images offer higher-than-expected resolved detail, accurate colors, and wider dynamic range than the Auto mode
You don't, it's all done internally by default, same goes for all phone cams that are 108MP, 50MP etc etc, they all generally bin down to something smaller whether 12MP, 16MP and so on.

You can manually select the 50MP or 200MP modes but then you are restricted to a fixed lens only and also don't get many of the extra features like HDR processing and such so you may well end up with less detailed images. They're modes only for large format prints, the real stuff happens with pixel binning which is why higher MP sensors are better because the binning process s higher quality as a result of those higher pixel counts.

Last edited:
You don't, it's all done internally by default, same goes for all phone cams that are 108MP, 50MP etc etc, they all generally bin down to something smaller whether 12MP, 16MP and so on.

You can manually select the 50MP or 200MP modes but then you are restricted to a fixed lens only and also don't get many of the extra features like HDR processing and such so you may well end up with less detailed images. They're modes only for large format prints, the real stuff happens with pixel binning which is why higher MP sensors are better because the binning process s higher quality as a result of those higher pixel counts.

Ah OK, is GSM Arena talking rubbish then? They offer some 50mp sample against the default 12mp ones.

Back
Top Bottom