**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Either way, imagine little benefit of getting one from US or other markets now, previously you would just do it to get Snapdragon SoC.

Associate
I ordered the case from carphone warehouse £31 think that's cheaper than samsung even with the 10% off and they have all colours in stock and arrives tomorrow I ordered last night

Soldato
I am sure that this is not the case. The phone becomes region locked after inserting the sim card.

Still too risky, no warranty, Samsung Pay may not work and you will receive different security updates.

Last edited:
Associate
Given that it's 20x max on video zoom currently and the quality is that good, I suspect 30x or even 40x is easily possible, hoping they do that in a future update. That will truly make UFOs never show face again :p

Reviews seem good, supports all the standards inc PPS, not clear on whether the full PPS remains if all of the outputs are in use at the same time though but yeah otherwise looks fine.

I cut the provided label in half removing the royal mail barcode stuff so they didn't accidentally scan that instead of the special del label and booked special del via royal mail send their website) - They bring a label with them and it was collected on my chosen collection day. Nice not having to go into a post office etc. Cost was £8.15 or so.

Well worth bookmarking and creating an account as everything is then saved.

So did you use the bottom half of the label provided (Their address and the trade in customer reference) then the label that the royal mail site provides too?

Soldato
Anyone having issues with NFC?

Worked fine the first couple of days. Then today I went to touch in to the tube, worked fine.

Tried to touch out and got the vibration but no tick so it didn't register.

Just tried to tap into the tube again and no vibration or tick. Same in pret just now. Doesn't work on any cards, with or without my Mous case on.

Tried resetting cache and data under NFC in settings and that hasn't helped.

Will try a restart and see what that does.

Anyone else?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
So did you use the bottom half of the label provided (Their address and the trade in customer reference) then the label that the royal mail site provides too?
Correct, just the bottom half showing destination address and trade in number etc. You could just write it on the box too I guess but I figured just use the label and slap the royal mail SD label the postman brings just above.

Caporegime

Worked fine the first couple of days. Then today I went to touch in to the tube, worked fine.

Just tried to tap into the tube again and no vibration or tick. Same in pret just now. Doesn't work on any cards, with or without my Mous case on.

Anyone else?
Had similar issues, quite annoying getting caught out like that and it was random when it did it. Double check updates for Google Wallet - there were several across a couple of days for me. Also check your settings (contactless payments), in the others tab I unticked 'nearby' and 'Android digital car key'. Worked since.

Soldato
Does anyone know how to increase the notification sound ?
I have the sound on full but still the sound is low compared to my S21

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Gave t a go on some acoustic and I think I still prefer the vocal seperation of my one still! "Leroy Sanchez - Cry me a River" being a prime example.

Caporegime

Anyone else?
Hhhmm scrap that, just did it to me again on the bus. This is becoming increasingly annoying (people who faff around with their phones paying for things annoy me). I had to close all apps and it randomly worked again.

Back
Top Bottom