**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Associate
I've gone for the 1tb ultra, traded in my s21 ultra 512gb. They gave £420 for the trade in, which when I checked a few days ago all other trade ins were showing £270.

Soldato
New year same problems with klarna on the upgrade program.

Get to payment, passed credit check then the message that you cannot use Klarna.
Almost not worth the hassle

Soldato
If they had done a free item that I could have sold rather than storage I would have been tempted.

£839 after s21 ultra trade in is good compared with a new contract but not a worthwhile upgrade.

It's also cheaper to get the phone without a discount than via my works benefit portal.

same here - not worth £839 after S21 ultra trade in - if there was £100 buds or something included you could sell then I would consider it but to be fair S21 Ultra has been spot on/decent battery etc since day 1.

Associate
Checked the trade in for my S21 Ultra 256Gb and it came out at £410. Checking ebay sold items they seem to go for £450 and up for a good condition one. No incentive to trade in with Samsung or to upgrade really as most of the presentation was "oooooooo look at this camera". How many of us try to film high budget movies on a phone :cry: Even the S21 Ultra is still good for 99% of the sort of photos most people use them for.

Reactions: nam
Associate
Checked the trade in for my S21 Ultra 256Gb and it came out at £410. Checking ebay sold items they seem to go for £450 and up for a good condition one. No incentive to trade in with Samsung or to upgrade really as most of the presentation was "oooooooo look at this camera". How many of us try to film high budget movies on a phone :cry: Even the S21 Ultra is still good for 99% of the sort of photos most people use them for.
It'll come down to battery life.

It's what's tempting me to move from the base S21 to the base S23

Associate
Traded my S22U 512gb got a nice price for it.

Got my order details & it says I am trading in an S22U 256GB. There must have been a glitch somewhere as I put my IMEI No in & it said it was correct.

Hope that don't block my trade in & charge me full price?

So what colour have we gone for?

I went for the RED 512GB

Last edited:
Soldato
so, 1399 EUR for S23U 512GB to start with, 10% store credit, 240e in vouchers from work and 689e for trade in of my S22U 256GB + 120 trade in bonus. All in all comes to slightly above 200e for upgrade and I think I can justify that.
Wish they would throw in some earphones you could sell too.
But if they wouldn't go with SD 8 gen 2 I'd probably just keep the S22U as there really isn't anything wrong with it.

Associate
It'll come down to battery life.

It's what's tempting me to move from the base S21 to the base S23
To be fair my battery is still fine and it was a launch pre-order 2 years ago. Currently on 73% with average (for me) usage today so I'm happy as long as I get more than a day out of it between charges. I did turn off fast charge the week I got it as I always just charge over night so wonder how much that helps if at all.

Associate
To be fair my battery is still fine and it was a launch pre-order 2 years ago. Currently on 73% with average (for me) usage today so I'm happy as long as I get more than a day out of it between charges. I did turn off fast charge the week I got it as I always just charge over night so wonder how much that helps if at all.
Mines so/so. WiFi is fine, can get 5-6 hours SOT over 20 hours.

Start moving about on a data connection and that goes down to 4-5, I'll take a cable with me now if I know I'm out all day, just in case!

I'm just interested to see how the Snapdragon performs in terms of efficiency

Man of Honour
I've gone for it, £620 trade in for my S22 Ultra, £629 for the 512GB S23 Ultra. Gone for exclusive colour again but this time red :D

I also got 4.25% cashback going via TCB, and used Samsung Pay+ so am expecting to see some cashback in my Curve account.

The camera enhancements look great for what I am after. For me phones are all about camera advances now as that's my speciality area. The phone itself, screen etc are all peaked now regardless of model IMO. The SD SoC will be a nice boost I guess for battery life, although I get excellent battery from the S22U anyway, just it gets very very hot when using stuff like wireless Android Auto, so a more efficient SoC would be very welcome.

Last edited:
Soldato
My American Express card does have 10% off £1000+ spend instore Samsung stores, but gotta pay up front and then make sure I get £400 or more for my S21U which isn't in best condition.

nam

nam

Soldato
just seem the price £849 for S23+ and only £270 for a trade in for a S21+ 256gb. £579 still seems too much , for not much of an improvement

Soldato
Soldato

So whilst it is SD8 gen 2, it is a custom version not found on any other phone. If this trend sticks and this does well, then can see it continuing.

Mkbhd said its not a custom soc, they just worded it as such

Back
Top Bottom