**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Slick Rick beat me to the pics but yes thats the theme I use, Material Dark is nice if you want it dark everywhere where AOSP is white.

I charged mine as soon as I got it too, I know its not so important these days but a bit of a old habit.

FYI you can disable fast charge too if you want to ease the heat and strain on the battery.

Interestingly I did it the other day with it disabled and it still charged from flat to full in about 2 hours so not significantly slower than fast charge

I bought the anker qc 3.0 charger and haven't noticed any difference in charging times between that and the charger that came with the phone.

From what I've read, the S7/S7 Edge only supports QC 2.0.

Edit: I believe it's because they are using two different CPUs in production over the world, one definitely doesn't support 3.0 inherently, so they dropped back to 2.0. Kinda a shame if you ask me.

Last edited:
Just wanted to ask how Qc works compared to a type c charger, I've read type c can support 5v20amps or something to allow for rapid recharges within minutes. Do one plus and the nexus 6p use quick charge or are the type c chargers ample enough. Woulda preferred type c this year, rather we get a return of had features stripped from the previous galaxy.

Also, wernt Samsung going to implement their own version of force touch, or is that strictly an Android of thing

RareEntitee I don't really care much about it not having type USB C or QC 3.0 support.
as am hoping to mainly charge my new edge by wireless which I will be ordering the new Samsung angled wireless charger as soon as shops has stock in..

I would also like a fast wireless windscreen mount charger for my car.But am not sure if anyone makes a fast wireless windscreen mounted charger yet..:confused:

Last edited:
Camera continues to impress, for close up shots of many things it has a depth I didn't get with the Xperia Z3/Z5.

K2b45JU.jpg

Back
Top Bottom