**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

did you really just pay £45 for a screen protector :eek::D

I was thinking the same thing lol. I paid £3 for mine. Have much is a replacement screen? I was trying to find out but only found info on the S6. They can't be that expensive can they? I suppose the curve makes a difference to the price.

I was thinking the same thing lol. I paid £3 for mine. Have much is a replacement screen? I was trying to find out but only found info on the S6. They can't be that expensive can they? I suppose the curve makes a difference to the price.

Because Samsung bonded the display to the Gorilla Glass 4 coverglass, separating the two "is probably impossible" without one or both being damaged in the process.

That means, if you were hoping to replace a faulty screen, you're going to have to replace the coverglass in the process, and conversely if the glass top does crack, you're looking at needed a new AMOLED panel too.

I'm a long term iPhone user, but seriously considering buying one of these. Had a chance to play with one at a Westfield at the weekend and was blown away.

Anyone else bought one after using an iPhone? How are you finding it? Any regrets?

My only concern is that I had a look at Samsung UK's facebook page and it is filled with people complaining about faulty items and Samsung's terrible customer service.

I know Apple isn't everyone's favourite, but I've always found their customer service spot on and would hate moving over to Samsung and something go wrong with the phone.

I'm a long term iPhone user, but seriously considering buying one of these. Had a chance to play with one at a Westfield at the weekend and was blown away.

Anyone else bought one after using an iPhone? How are you finding it? Any regrets?

My only concern is that I had a look at Samsung UK's facebook page and it is filled with people complaining about faulty items and Samsung's terrible customer service.

I know Apple isn't everyone's favourite, but I've always found their customer service spot on and would hate moving over to Samsung and something go wrong with the phone.

Moved from iPhone 6s, won't be moving back. :)

That is the video I have been waiting for. I was awfully tempted with this phone (see below) with the hardware side but from a usability point of view that is pathetic. No matter how fancy the display, the build, the camera and waterproofing- the whole point of a smartphone these days is that it is a computer in your pocket.

I moved away from Samsung due to this very reason with the S3. I once rooted it with a near stock android ROM Ram management was a peach. Looks like nothing has changed.

It is interesting to see how windows with 4gb of RAM and other android devices don't have to constantly kill apps like touchwiz. I thought unused ram was wasted RAM, what is touchwiz doing with the RAM if not storing apps ready to be used again..!:mad:

Apologies for the rant, this is what led me to iOS.

How many hours did it take for this muppet to get his hands on a S7:eek: Can someone link me to a grippy spigen case at the rainforest?

K2b45JU.jpg
Great pic, in fact its so good it made it on Unilad Tech Facebook Page :D

My two penneth worth....

I moved from an iPhone 6s Plus to the S7 Edge although I still have the iPhone just in case I get that urge to go back. I will admit I am terrible for buying the latest phones and generally end up going back to the iPhone after having a brief few weeks with Samsung's or whoever's latest iteration.

However, this time feels different. I have not noticed any lag whatsoever with the S7 Edge, it has not locked up, become unresponsive and it certainly runs flawlessly in my experience so far.

I don't care too much for benchmarks on a phone, for me its about real world performance, yes the S7 may still have ram management issues, but in the grand scheme of things, if a game has to reload then so be it, it will take a few more seconds its hardly a showstopper. I Myself have not noticed any of these issues so far, although I don't load or play lots of games on my phones generally.

Offset that small negative against having a 5.5" beautiful screen in a handset that is not much bigger than the standard iPhone 6. The iPhone 6s plus was and is unwieldly at times. Add to that, VR capability (Which I am very impressed with), MicroSD slot, Superb low light camera, waterproofing and overall this is a package that is very difficult to beat.

I love my iPhone 6s Plus, but I am honestly struggling for reasons to go back to it full time and to move the S7 Edge on. The main reasons I could see me going back would have been mainly due to the 5.5" screen and the superb battery life of the iPhone 6s Plus, but this time Samsung have truly arrived at the party and personally I think have trumped Apple's best device and by some margin.

The battery life on the S7 Edge is almost identical to my iPhone 6s Plus. I also had the S6 Edge and whilst it was a lovely device I found myself tethered to a power socket as I found the battery life truly awful.

I really am impressed with what Samsung have done with this device, I think it will take some beating and try as I might, I just can't think of any standout reasons to ditch it and go back to the IP6s Plus.

If there is one thing I am unsure of is comparison of sound quality from the headphone socket. Now I do use Westone W40 IEM and know that these deliver some fantastic sound, but I have not done a comparison between the 2 handsets as yet as if i'm totally honest, I didn't think I would keep the S7 long enough to load my music onto it :)

How wrong I might be....

Last edited:
The Iphone is a very well made device and IOS works well as it its specifically made for the devices, obviously.

But I just find so many drawbacks with them. No expandable storage, proprietary connectors, super locked down from modifications and customization compared to Android (jailbreak helps) and personally I don't think they are worth the cost.

With Android you get freedom to use your device as you please and there is just so much more you can do with them IMO.

I have had Iphones in the past but I can not see me going back anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom