**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Article here actually: http://www.xda-developers.com/there-is-native-dpi-scaling-hidden-in-the-galaxy-s7/

XnuYNEcl.png.jpg

• Download Nova Launcher, you do not have to set it as a default, just launch it to access the home screen.
  • Go to the Widget Selection window by long pressing on the homescreen and selecting Widgets.
  • Choose the “Activities” widget by holding it down and dropping it on a homescreen.
  • After the list populates scroll down to “Settings” and then choose .DisplayScalingActivity (it should be the 4th one). It will create a new icon on your desktop.
  • Select the icon to open the menu and make your selection.
  • Reboot on the confirmation window and go back to your normal launcher after the reboot.

Wow that is fantastic and works a treat, the phone looks incredible. Any idea what it scales down to?

Last edited:
Hmmmm so I tried to install Gear VR there and I just keep getting a network error...anyone had any problems setting their's up?

I have switched to the XEU firmware from Vodafone through Odin.

Assuming the download site is down or something just now.

Last edited:
Getting mine delivered on Saturday, moving over from an iPhone 5s as I wanted a bigger screen and to try Android for a change. Going to suck trying to learn my way around for the first couple of days.

Got a few cases being delivered tomorrow so will try them out, not sure yet if I'll keep them though. Gone 2 years on this 5S without dropping it.

In case you don't realise, the always on display changes brightness based on how bright the surrounding light is. So if you have seen it looking bright, and this was in a light room, it won't be this bright when in a dark room, if trying to sleep etc.

Handily turns off completely when in Your pocket too : )

I turned off the always on display day one. Couldn't really see the point in it, plus when I had it on my desk next to me it was distracting every time the image moved, I realise that's needed to prevent burn but it was irritating.

Getting mine delivered on Saturday, moving over from an iPhone 5s as I wanted a bigger screen and to try Android for a change. Going to suck trying to learn my way around for the first couple of days.

Got a few cases being delivered tomorrow so will try them out, not sure yet if I'll keep them though. Gone 2 years on this 5S without dropping it.

Enjoy, I think you'll find it a lot easier to learn than you expect. :)

I turned off the always on display day one. Couldn't really see the point in it, plus when I had it on my desk next to me it was distracting every time the image moved, I realise that's needed to prevent burn but it was irritating.
Turned mine off too, for the same reason. If it just very slowly drifted about it would be ok but I couldn't get on with it keep jumping around.

Sitting on the moon? :confused:

Indeed. With the Oculus video playback software, you can select which type of cinema you appear to be in. There's a large theater, a smaller one, the Moon, complete with Lander and space age seats and the Earth above. It's really quite a nice little touch.

I just watched the Nat Geo volcano 360 video and it's quite breath taking. I am very pleased with this phone!

Back
Top Bottom