**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Been a long term lurker on here and just moved from iPhone 6 to a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge :)

I would say that both the iPhone 6 and Galaxy S7 have outstanding build quality, however, I feel that the S7 has a more "premium" feel. The iPhone in its current form is looking a little dated. That said, the curved screen on the S7 edge makes most handsets look dated, in my opinion.

I've had previous Android flagships such as the HTC M7/M8 and Galaxy S6 edge and was always underwhelmed by their performance an usability. With the S7, I am impressed... The user experience is slick with no lag (using Nova Launcher) and the battery life is fantastic.

The screen is responsive and the quality is superb. The fingerprint reader also works well - probably just as good as the finger print reader on iPhone.

If you are considering a new handset, I would recommend the S7. If you have never used Android then it will be different and take time to get used to, however, there are a good amount of google services and apps that allow you to integrate with your other hardware.

J

Right... Thanks for everyone's input, much appreciated. I think you guys have helped give me the final nudge over the edge. I'm off on holiday On Monday but will be ordering myself one when I get back..

Because I've heard a quite few horror stories about Samsung's customer service, was thinking of ordering from John Lewis to get their 2 year Guarantee. Think they also do damage cover for £120 for 2 years, but need to read the T's&C's on that first.

Hmm left my phone at home unplgged 100% at 8am checked at 5:30 and it was at 94%. Doesn't seem to enter doze as the line wasn't straight, cell standby was biggest.

Been a long term lurker on here and just moved from iPhone 6 to a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge :)

I would say that both the iPhone 6 and Galaxy S7 have outstanding build quality, however, I feel that the S7 has a more "premium" feel. The iPhone in its current form is looking a little dated. That said, the curved screen on the S7 edge makes most handsets look dated, in my opinion.

I've had previous Android flagships such as the HTC M7/M8 and Galaxy S6 edge and was always underwhelmed by their performance an usability. With the S7, I am impressed... The user experience is slick with no lag (using Nova Launcher) and the battery life is fantastic.

The screen is responsive and the quality is superb. The fingerprint reader also works well - probably just as good as the finger print reader on iPhone.

If you are considering a new handset, I would recommend the S7. If you have never used Android then it will be different and take time to get used to, however, there are a good amount of google services and apps that allow you to integrate with your other hardware.

J

Ex iPhone 6s plus user here and I agree 100% . The iPhone looks so dated when placed next to my s7 edge, the screen is pale, the bezels are huge and I was just bored. This s7 edge is stunning and has many of my iPhone friends considering a swap.

I miss iMessage ad it was built in but with Textra you get built in delivery reports so win win.

I will monitor the iPhone 7 and take it from there.

In fact, I've just sold my 6s plus today, so can't go back. Apple really need to catch up, they are a couple of steps behind because they got too lazy. And what's this about the new smaller iPhone coming with 16gb Base? When will they learn!!??

Took the Spigen off today. Like night and day. You forget how nice this phone feels without a case on after just a few days using a case.

I'm gonna brave it and go case free for now. Once the carbon back skin arrives I'll apply that only. Need to add it to phone insurance too before I forget.

Took the Spigen off today. Like night and day. You forget how nice this phone feels without a case on after just a few days using a case.

I'm gonna brave it and go case free for now. Once the carbon back skin arrives I'll apply that only. Need to add it to phone insurance too before I forget.

Umm, you remember two days ago right? :D

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29284553&postcount=3140

Don't blame you though, its so nice out of a case, I'm just not brave enough yet!

Article here actually: http://www.xda-developers.com/there-is-native-dpi-scaling-hidden-in-the-galaxy-s7/

XnuYNEcl.png.jpg

• Download Nova Launcher, you do not have to set it as a default, just launch it to access the home screen.
  • Go to the Widget Selection window by long pressing on the homescreen and selecting Widgets.
  • Choose the “Activities” widget by holding it down and dropping it on a homescreen.
  • After the list populates scroll down to “Settings” and then choose .DisplayScalingActivity (it should be the 4th one). It will create a new icon on your desktop.
  • Select the icon to open the menu and make your selection.
  • Reboot on the confirmation window and go back to your normal launcher after the reboot.

Unless it comes with a 4000mah battery, 64GB Base model and SD card storage, wireless charging and allows flash player then I'm not moving back.

I'm confident Apple won't do any of that. :p

My 6s plus went as soon as I noticed I couldn't organise my picture folders... or save gifs on my £700 phone :p

Apple need to catch up with some pretty basic stuff.

Back
Top Bottom