**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
My phone just went flat, I unplugged it about midday yesterday and got 5h 8 mins screen on time.

No real game play as such, mostly internet, Facebook and as its a new phone I'm playing it more and watching videos on it.

Only thing I've noticed so far it does get a little warm when browsing the net but maybe CPU doing something else in background.

I've got a Z5 for work so gives me good phone to compare it with.

Soldato
Has to be the edge is not much bigger and just looks in a different class to the regular S7. As stated the battery is amazing on this phone. I don't use the edge features got it really as it looks so good.

Soldato
Head says flat. heart says edge.....

I went edge and wished I'd gone flat as I found it a little large, I was tempted to return it but couldn't quite be bothered and I think after just over a week I'm finally glad I stuck with it. I'd probably still find the flat a more convenient size but the edge is just a thing of beauty and I love the curved screen, plus the battery is fantastic.

Soldato
Head says flat. heart says edge.....
I bought the edge, But sometimes wish I bought the smaller flat..
As the most annoying thing for me so far is that I find the extra taller height of the edge makes it stick out to far when it's in my rear pocket :( ,Which is the pocket I always keep my phone in when am out anywhere...(hoping am just going get used to it over the next weeks )

Am still need more time to get used to the curve on the edge screen (so I not going to comment on what I think of the curve vs flat screen just yet )

PS:I upgrade from a Samsung Galaxy S4 to the S7 edge..

Sizes
Galaxy S3-----------136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
Galaxy S4-----------136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm
Galaxy S5 ----------142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm)
Galaxy S6-----------143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm
Galaxy S6 Edge-----142.1 x 70.1 x 7 mm
Galaxy S6 Edge+---154.4 x 75.8 x 6.9 mm
Galaxy S7 Flat -----142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm
Galaxy S7 Edge----150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7 mm

Last edited:

nam

nam

Soldato
Associate
Hey guys. Does anyone know of any good contract deals anywhere for an S7 Edge?

Vodafone here. Get someone to do a family and friends NHS discount to save 20% and you also get spotify premium for 2 years which I've been paying for years.

Mine worked out at £32 a month if I take spotify in to account.

It will be cheaper for most to buy outright and get a simple deal.

Associate
Even though I think the s7 edge is a great phone, i'm not sure it was worth buying when I already had the s6 edge 128gb.

I'm torn to sell it on or not???

Associate
Yeah I still have both but wish this time around I went for the flat S7, I never have the edge feature switched on? Expensive mistake again.....

Soldato
Is there a way to disable the standard GMAIL app and just use the samsung one as I prefer the layout. I was using one called Alto before but I got annoyed that there was no quick way to switch back to all inboxes if you entered a specific one.

Back
Top Bottom