**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Been delivered, just spent ages copying my contacts across from the iPhone. I look like a right grandpa trying to figure out where everything is, loving the customisation though. Also sounds better on the speaker when playing music compared to the 5S..

Thanks for the review mrk.

Am using the thinner and cheaper non LED Samsung flip case on my S7 edge.
But it still has the same missing top & bottom edge protection as the LED case that you reviewed.

From looking up on the samsung clear view case that also has even less protection on the right hand side..

Yeah it's weird! At least we have the Spigen though. I should post up a piece on that I guess.

Chaps,

Any ideas how I can get the display to turn on for example when I get emails and WhatsApp messages to see them at a glance like on iOS?

Presently the display doesn't come on. Can' find it in the settings anywhere. It will be useful when I can just glance at it while driving for example.

How do you mean the screen doesn't come on? When you get a whatsapp message and the phone is locked, do you not get a notification on the screen?

I want to order an in car wireless charger..

Has anyone tried any of these two below or know of one they would be better then these two ?

1: Samsung In-Car Wireless Qi Charger
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Wir...&sr=8-1&keywords=Samsung+car+wireless+charger

2: Fast Wireless Car Charger Dock - Qi-infinity™ 1.5A (2A max, 10 Watt) charger
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fast-Wirele...&sr=8-3&keywords=Samsung+car+wireless+charger

They both seem a bit redundant tbh.. If the cable is going to have to plug into the charger just behind where the phone's port is wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a cable and a cheap mount?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007Y94CPO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage is the normal one and £25 cheaper.

They both seem a bit redundant tbh.. If the cable is going to have to plug into the charger just behind where the phone's port is wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a cable and a cheap mount?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007Y94CPO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage is the normal one and £25 cheaper.
But then your going to have to plug in & unplug the cable every time you put the phone in it...
The reason I want the wireless one is so I can just throw the phone in it and pull it straight out without having to plug in & unplug the cable every time...(Which is annoying ;) )

I don't care that there a power cable plugged into the wireless charger full time
(Which is the same as all my other wireless chargers have a power cable plugged into the charger .Examples being:My cordless toothbrush, Harmony TV remote, Logitech edge cordless Keyboard, braun cordless shaver, Cordless vacuum cleaner, PS4 game pads ETC )

Last edited:
How do you mean the screen doesn't come on? When you get a whatsapp message and the phone is locked, do you not get a notification on the screen?

I get the notification LED and also the sound but the screen doesn't come on. It is the same with email. When I then press the home button I can then see the notification. Have I gone insane?:confused:

I get the notification LED and also the sound but the screen doesn't come on. It is the same with email. When I then press the home button I can then see the notification. Have I gone insane?:confused:
Don't think the screen is meant to come on when you receive a message or e-mail..

My phone battery would be flat if the screen came on every time I received an e-mail with all the junk e-mail I some times receive in a day..:p :(

Last edited:

Ah, yeah as standard it doesn't light up, you need to use an app from the store for screen notifications.

I'm not sure if Android has that function, but at least with WhatsApp there is a setting within the app to display "Pop-up" notifications. You can apply separate settings for group and individual chats.

I'm really enjoying the screen and the UI. I thought I'd struggle adjusting after my 6 Plus but I honestly find it better. Keep alternating between themes though, cannot make my mind up.
Really impressed with the camera too.

Back
Top Bottom