**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Which Vr games are people playing? I bought Gunjack tonight, it's £8 but is stunning to see and fun to play. Basically 3d space invaders. Looks beautiful though. I'd say it was worth the money.

I'm also interested in which games to buy. I have my Gear VR coming today (I didn't preorder and just got it on company contract)

Is anyone getting poor download speed using Wifi? My edge seems to be topping out at 128Mbps in the Ookla app, My HTC M8 would do 210Mbps on the same network?

Isnt the S7 supposed to have a 600Mbps theoretical throughput or is that only for 4G?

I know you can do that...

But there was a setting somewhere on my S4 where i could choose the amount it zoom in when i double tapped the screen...

EG
125%
150%
175%
200%
This is what my last two galaxy mobile phones (S3 & S4) had where you change the the stock browser zoom/DPI settings etc

But It don't look like my S7 edge has these settings..

You could also choose the default zoom from Low / Medium / High settings on the screen below

Last edited:
Well, it has been ordered.. I'm officially leaving apple for the dark side!! Probably won't get to play with it till I'm back from my holiday in a weeks time. Will help soothe those post holiday blues though!! Haha.

Hey buddy. I've just done the same and in short, you'll love it. I'm a long time iPhone and Apple person. But love the latest technology. I have a Mac and plan on keeping that but I've just sold my iPhone 6s plus so will be using the Edge.

The S7Edge will take a little longer to get it the way you want, less is ready to go out of the box but I found that aspect fun. Go through all the settings and do some Google searches on top apps. Also, stick to stock until you get used to the the device as you'll be in danger of too much too quick and might end up not liking it.

The little things you'll notice you'll just think wow. Then again there are small things that you'll miss. This is the more advanced OS. Take your time and enjoy.

I've been asking some stupid questions so feel free do do the same.

Is anyone getting poor download speed using Wifi? My edge seems to be topping out at 128Mbps in the Ookla app, My HTC M8 would do 210Mbps on the same network?

Isnt the S7 supposed to have a 600Mbps theoretical throughput or is that only for 4G?

I get 308.50Mbps down and 272.02 Mbps down 4m away from the router which is tucked behind a night table...

Posted a review of the LED View case today. For those interested:

http://www.neowin.net/news/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-led-view-cover-review

It's a nice case, but too bulky for my liking and unlike the Spigen Thin Fit, doesn't protect the top and bottom edges.

It would be helpful if people please link to the items they are talking about as it's not always obvious from a search... :)

Search this thread for Incipio. I don't have the link on the go but have posted it recently here.

Last edited:
Chaps,

Any ideas how I can get the display to turn on for example when I get emails and WhatsApp messages to see them at a glance like on iOS?

Presently the display doesn't come on. Can' find it in the settings anywhere. It will be useful when I can just glance at it while driving for example.

Thanks for the review mrk.

Am using the thinner and cheaper non LED Samsung flip case on my S7 edge.
But it still has the same missing top & bottom edge protection as the LED case that you reviewed.

From looking up on the samsung clear view case that also has even less protection on the right hand side..

Last edited:
Which Vr games are people playing? I bought Gunjack tonight, it's £8 but is stunning to see and fun to play. Basically 3d space invaders. Looks beautiful though. I'd say it was worth the money.

I'm playing a couple of the free games, Smash Hit and Temple Run, both great fun. :)

I tried playing Herobound but it tells me I need a controller. So I bought this yesterday for £18, an Ipega 9037 bluetooth controller which apparently works well with the Gear VR.. It also has a pull up holder to mount the phone if you're not using VR and just want to play games.

hqdefault.jpg

I'll probably then buy Gunjack, and also Lands End, a Myst type puzzle/exploration adventure.

Hey buddy. I've just done the same and in short, you'll love it. I'm a long time iPhone and Apple person. But love the latest technology. I have a Mac and plan on keeping that but I've just sold my iPhone 6s plus so will be using the Edge.

The S7Edge will take a little longer to get it the way you want, less is ready to go out of the box but I found that aspect fun. Go through all the settings and do some Google searches on top apps. Also, stick to stock until you get used to the the device as you'll be in danger of too much too quick and might end up not liking it.

The little things you'll notice you'll just think wow. Then again there are small things that you'll miss. This is the more advanced OS. Take your time and enjoy.

I've been asking some stupid questions so feel free do do the same.

It's nice to hear another defector has no regrets. I'm already looking at android watches as well now!! Lol

What's the best 128gb card to get for it? Can't see me needing more than that, I only filled three quarters of my 64gb iPhone.

Im sure I'll be bombarding everyone with more once I've had time to play around with it :-).

It's nice to hear another defector has no regrets. I'm already looking at android watches as well now!! Lol

What's the best 128gb card to get for it? Can't see me needing more than that, I only filled three quarters of my 64gb iPhone.

Im sure I'll be bombarding everyone with more once I've had time to play around with it :-).

You just need to give Android a chance and give yourself a little time to get used to it when transitioning from IOS, but once you have it set up just how you want it, it is worth it.

As for the memory card, I personally have a 128Gb Samsung Evo+ that works great, but honestly any high performance card from a well known manufacturer (Sandisk, Samsung etc) should do the job.

I hope you enjoy your new device! :)

You just need to give Android a chance and give yourself a little time to get used to it when transitioning from IOS, but once you have it set up just how you want it, it is worth it.

As for the memory card, I personally have a 128Gb Samsung Evo+ that works great, but honestly any high performance card from a well known manufacturer (Sandisk, Samsung etc) should do the job.

I hope you enjoy your new device! :)

This.

It takes a little while longer to get the device how you want but once you do, it's even better than you first think.

Back
Top Bottom