**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
chongker;30492696 said:
I've had the Nougat update on my unlocked S7E for awhile now, anybody noticing the worse battery life that's being reported? I've honestly not been paying close attention, but all seems fine on my end. Maybe it's a relatively small difference? The performance boost is worth it regardless if it's a slight reduction

I wonder how many of these reports coincide with the release of FE Heroes. That game munches battery scarily quickly.

Associate
martin9887;30452563 said:
I found this after a little googling about flashing with the odin software - http://www.theandroidsoul.com/download-galaxy-s7-edge-nougat-ota-update/

Following it as I type this post!

I was going to use this guide, but then noticed that although the screenshots/description referred to HOME_CSC_BTU, the actual CSC file included in the ZIP file is HOME_CSC_OXA.. Does that matter? Is there a CSC for BTU out there I can use? My phone is a XTU Edge.

Associate
Richy888;30498859 said:
No that is the right one. You are good to go.

Thanks, worked a treat.

Is it possible to turn on flight mode while phone is locked? I use it every night before going to bed, but rather not unlock phone every time.. On v6 I was able to.

Associate
mrgubby;30499461 said:
Works on mine, just swipe down on lock screen

Weird.. On mine it asks for my fingerprint/code as soon as I press the airplane mode button - and it doesnt action it unless I enter the code/fingerprint.

Soldato
Can Cerberus no longer hide its icon in the app drawer on Nougat?

I can't see the option anywhere and I got an email saying the phone hasn't synced with Cerberus in two weeks.

Soldato
Scope;30499610 said:
Weird.. On mine it asks for my fingerprint/code as soon as I press the airplane mode button - and it doesnt action it unless I enter the code/fingerprint.

Mine doesn't do that and I have a pass code and FP saved.

Soldato
With the very last update of Nougat on the Edge, has anyone rooted it??

I want to reroot mine but read a few times the latest update causes problems after rooting. :confused:

Soldato
My phone keeps restarting randomly and I don't know why, twice today I've gone to unlock with my fingerprint only for it to say enter the pass code after the device has restarted.

Soldato
My phone keeps restarting randomly and I don't know why, twice today I've gone to unlock with my fingerprint only for it to say enter the pass code after the device has restarted.

Its normal for the phone to ask for the pin after a reboot .. the reboot isn't tho ..and new apps added since it started ? you could try a backup and reset

Soldato
I used odin to get mine onto 7.0 but now i want to re-root to delete some bloatware, where is a guide on how to do it as i have deleted all the links and files i had

thanks folks

Back
Top Bottom