**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
I completed my OTA update yesterday to Nougat. Now Gmail isn't working and Play Store doesn't open either. I've tried lots of things but not a factory reset, hoping to avoid that, anyone got any ideas what else I can try before the reset?
Sorted this out...........removed my SD card and all good. It seems that something on the card was corrupted, I moved off the photos that I could and formatted it, put it back in and so far all is working.

Associate
Ffs still waiting on Nougat, XEU.

I read somewhere, 'by the end of march' according to Samsung. Never said if it would be March this year! Even Vodafone are now pushing out Nougat. Mind you they have been moaning a bucket full on the Vodafone forum about not getting the update and now some have got it they don't like it :rolleyes:

Mine is XEU but flashed BTU firmware. Easy enough to do really.

Associate
One for you guys to look out for. I discovered today that my phone wasn't actually locking, but I didn't notice because I always use the fingerprint unlock, so of course I didn't see any difference until I looked more closely and noticed it simply said "Swipe to unlock". So my phone hasn't actually been secure for I don't know how long. Turning off the Smart Lock (I had it set to not lock when at home) solved the problem.

Soldato
Downloaded 7 for UK BTU from Sammobile, im not sure about it, think I might prefer 6.01, dont like the lain white drag down menus (volume, BT airplane mode etc). When Im texting I have a fairly bright and colourful background, it seems washed out now and less contrasty.
T Roaming and K7 Twophone service, both are in settings menus but crash out when I try to take a nosey.The slightly tall font slightly annoys me too. Anyone else tried this rom yet?

Soldato
Hey guys

Travelling to Japan in a few weeks and I'd really like to get a grippy impact-resistant case for my S7E. What would you guys recommend? Happy to pay more and compromise on looks for a good case.

Cheers,

Su

Soldato
Hey guys

Travelling to Japan in a few weeks and I'd really like to get a grippy impact-resistant case for my S7E. What would you guys recommend? Happy to pay more and compromise on looks for a good case.

Cheers,

Su

Might see you there, off there in a few weeks too!

I'm going to be brave and just go with my dbrand skin on the back!

Soldato
Hi Im looking for some help.

for the last 6 weeks battery life has been terrible. i'm getting about 50% of the power i was getting before even with power saving mode on and the phone not getting used, i will charge at night and by the morning i would have already lost 25%-30% with just a few notifications on the phone, and by 6pm i would be on 5% with minor use.

in battery usage.
20% Android system
20% screen
18% call standby
15% Android OS
5% Device idle
4% voice calls
3% wharsapp
rest is us gmail, facebook, internet

Soldato
Hi Im looking for some help.

for the last 6 weeks battery life has been terrible. i'm getting about 50% of the power i was getting before even with power saving mode on and the phone not getting used, i will charge at night and by the morning i would have already lost 25%-30% with just a few notifications on the phone, and by 6pm i would be on 5% with minor use.

in battery usage.
20% Android system
20% screen
18% call standby
15% Android OS
5% Device idle
4% voice calls
3% wharsapp
rest is us gmail, facebook, internet

Uninstall Facebook. Android system will drop to about 10-13%.

Facebook goes nowhere near my devices always used the website version.

Soldato
Pleasure, travelling for 3 weeks from Tokyo all the way down South to Okinawa! How about you?

Oh awesome - drop me a note (email in sig); impromptu glass of sake might be doable, hehe :)

Does anyone have a good case recc for me please?

And has anyone who got Nougat last month with the January security patch (FXXUDQB3), now received the February security patch update? I keep manually checking but not getting any update...

Cheers,

Su

Back
Top Bottom