**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
Pretty happy with the Nougat upgrade. Just got it from EE for my S7 Edge. Nice seeing the apps with pending notifications on the smart display and the Samsung performance tool is handy too. I added it as an Edge screen widget and ran it. Also added Secure Folder which is a nice app.

Soldato
Pretty happy with the Nougat upgrade. Just got it from EE for my S7 Edge. Nice seeing the apps with pending notifications on the smart display and the Samsung performance tool is handy too. I added it as an Edge screen widget and ran it. Also added Secure Folder which is a nice app.
Locked to EE? The version I downloaded from sammobile for uk btu devices is not great, dead links/crashing out in settings etc. What version rom is yours showing as out of interest? One im using is G935FXXU1DQB3

Soldato
Nothing yet on my S7 non-edge from EE when manually checking for updates last night.

I'm on Nougat already via the official beta, do I need to go back to non-nougat stock to get the update?

Associate
Locked to EE? The version I downloaded from sammobile for uk btu devices is not great, dead links/crashing out in settings etc. What version rom is yours showing as out of interest? One im using is G935FXXU1DQB3

I just checked late last night by performing a manual software update check within the phone settings. It came up as a download and went from there. Am with EE on a sim only deal so phone itself isn't locked to EE.

Baseband version is showing as:

G935FXXU1DQB1

Oddly though if I try to perform another manual software update the phone reports I am up to date and says:

Current Version: G935FXXU1DQB7 / G935FXXEU1DQB1 / G935FXXU1DQB1

Man of Honour
Anyone had Google Assistant updated yet? I forced it by setting the system language to English US, waiting a few mins then long pressing the home button. Once set up, set English UK back.

Playing around with commands and it seems pretty cool. Can set my Hue lights to a percentage, but not yet tell it to go to a custom scene mode I have enabled in the hue app. I guess these are things that will get added as it develops.

Soldato
Anyone had Google Assistant updated yet? I forced it by setting the system language to English US, waiting a few mins then long pressing the home button. Once set up, set English UK back.

Playing around with commands and it seems pretty cool. Can set my Hue lights to a percentage, but not yet tell it to go to a custom scene mode I have enabled in the hue app. I guess these are things that will get added as it develops.

Might give that a whirl. When you say System Language, do you mean General Management > Language and Input?

Man of Honour
That's the beauty of Android, though, just change it back and Assistant will remove itself until the UK rollout happens! Once that does, you can toggle it anyway.

We have the choice, we have the power!

Associate
My S7 edge has developed some strange screen flickering. It completely freaks out, green coloured splodges in corners when the screen is on and bright spots when the screen is off (I use the always on display). Lines down the screen. Kinda hard to explain.

I turned it off and left it for a few minutes before booting it back up again. Seems to have fixed it but it did flash briefly while booting up.

Anyone had anything similar?

Soldato
My S7 edge has developed some strange screen flickering. It completely freaks out, green coloured splodges in corners when the screen is on and bright spots when the screen is off (I use the always on display). Lines down the screen. Kinda hard to explain.

I turned it off and left it for a few minutes before booting it back up again. Seems to have fixed it but it did flash briefly while booting up.

Anyone had anything similar?

A colleague of mines had this happen on two S7 Edge devices he had, it eventually got to a point the screen went all matrix on him and had to warranty repair the unit. On the 2nd instance he received a new device and hasn't had any issues. I'd say get a backup done ASAP if not done already and get a warranty repair issued.

Associate
A colleague of mines had this happen on two S7 Edge devices he had, it eventually got to a point the screen went all matrix on him and had to warranty repair the unit. On the 2nd instance he received a new device and hasn't had any issues. I'd say get a backup done ASAP if not done already and get a warranty repair issued.

It hasn't gotten any better with the reset so I'm thinking its going to be a repair job - thanks! done a backup incase it goes completely.

Might try my luck for a replacement at Carphone Warehouse as it's less than 12 months old.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom