1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by MissChief, Dec 28, 2015.

1. mrkambo

Gangster

I tried Nine, and its awesome no denying but it doesnt support any other services yet, and thats a bit of a pain i dont like having multiple apps, i have one gmail, one icloud, and 3 work emails, so as you can imagine through multiple apps it can become a bit combersome to manage, i mean i've got a old iphone 6 here and everything works perfectly with the built in mail app, im very tempted to get another iphone and migrate over again.

2. A2Z

Sgarrista

How is everyones battery life after the update?

Pretty sure mine has got worse from looking at the last couple of days usage.

3. gumpy321

Hitman

Mine is without a doubt worse.

4. kevpuk

Mobster

Quite a bit worse, for me....initially, after the original 7.0 update, didn't notice much change, but the latest small update seems to have done something :( Looks like Android System is sucking lots of power, so much so that I rarely get from 7am~ish to 10pm~ish without issues!

Rather annoying, as the battery life had always been so good on the S7E for me.....

5. Sumanji

Sgarrista

Likewise a bit worse, though I have also installed a few more apps at around the same time, so can't say it's the OS for sure...

6. holymonk

Wise Guy

Will bixby be something that will be on this phone too or will it be s8 only?

7. Gigabit

Mobster

Apparently Bixby is just S-Voice.

8. 413x

Capodecina

Hate this update. It's the last time I update an OS. It always makes a phone worse.
    Honestly not one improvement worth it.

Battery life dives
    No quick option for auto brightness
    Brightness slider is now a two finger pull
    Lost Samsung split screen (Google is worse)
    Camera app is dire

All these issues for a different always on display

I wish I could go back

9. Mrs Seabiscuit

This cake is not a lie.

yeah hate what they have done with icons I not really struggle to see display with how they have done it. :(

10. BigDannyO

Hitman

I can at least offer a solution for that... Next to the brightness slider there's a little down chevron. Tap that and there's an option in there to "show control on top".

My battery seems to have got a little worse too. Used to comfortably get two days with my usage, with about 10-15% by the end of the second day. Now I'm struggling to get to the end of the second day without a charge when I get home from work.

11. 413x

Capodecina

Completely didn't see that. You're a star! Was driving me nuts

12. pinkpound

Hitman

Guess who just slipped in the rain and dropped his S7E :mad: ..edge of screen chipped and spider web cracks still usable tho

10 years since I've broken a phone :(

least bank insurance are giving me a new one £50 excess but sending me a £50 voucher for a case .. new 1 to be sent friday via DPD :) ..could have had it tomorrow but no 1 is in

13. jrodga2k5

Sgarrista

You could if you wanted using Odin

14. mrk

Man of Honour

I have noticed the past couple of months that randomly the wired fast charge fails to activate when connected to any fast charger, with any cable. You have to repeatedly disconnect and reconnect before fast charging shows up on the screen.

I've Googled it and turns out it's related to a faulty USB port, and requires the screen replacing as the USB port is fused to the screen (!). This could possibly also explain the dark grey AOD which I mentioned before.

Let's see what the S8 is like, as I may just get one of those and send the S7e away under warranty to have this sorted out.

I should add that my brother in law also has the exact same issue with his S7 edge, and his is several months newer than mine.

Comments suggest it's more common than first imagined.

I have noticed that the battery in the final Nougat release isn't as good as the BETA versions.

There is!

No it isn't! (see quote reply above)

Open for debate, but the Google one is more widely supported by apps, if not all apps that I have installed.

Completely disagree, the camera app is better in most regards from my experience, and the same everywhere else.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  15. FishLicker

Gangster

16. Ol!ver

Soldato

There aren't many icons on that home screen!

17. mrk

Man of Honour

Clean homescreen, clean mind.

18. Ol!ver

Soldato

How do you function though? Do you have something that's based on gestures or do you just use the app drawer like an animal?

19. mrk

Man of Honour

Combination of both really:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also use Apps Edge for other common apps I use:

[​IMG]

20. Ol!ver

Soldato

Nova launcher?

That's also the first evidence I've seen of anyone using the edge stuff. Might have to get around to giving it a whirl.