**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You could try using one of your 15 backup passwords that you can access (and should have stored safe somewhere physical!). Or if you can sign in to your account on the PC, then sign into the accounts section and create an App Password just for your phone and see if that lets you sign in.

Failing that, I assume the phone came back with Marshmallow and not Nougat? If so, then update it to Nougat and try again.

Nova launcher?

That's also the first evidence I've seen of anyone using the edge stuff. Might have to get around to giving it a whirl.

I never used to use Apps Edge, but realised it is actually useful.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
No issues with WhatsApp lag here, I do clear chat history a couple times a year for the largest chat groups though.

No other issues other than the charge port one mentioned above and AOD being dark grey.

rps20170324_110352_301.jpg

I recently got the new Choetech fast wireless charge pad and it appears to be very good. I like this over the Samsung one especially because: it’s only £17, looks cool, and has an LED that’s so ambient that it won’t bother you even in darkness on a desktop. It also works with any QC2.0 adapter.

I have been doing a couple of charge cycles with AccuBattery installed lately to see how much capacity my battery has lost over the last 13 months of use, so far the numbers stand at:

rps20170324_112322_993.jpg

Obviously I am expecting the estimated capacity to slightly increase with more data from each cycle, but so far it looks like I'm down several hundred mAh in just over a year's worth of daily charge cycles!

Soldato
mrk

"AOD being dark grey."

So I got my replacement S7E came with MM on , it set up then it did the Nougat update tried AOD and no green screen or green tinge anymore . Mine would go total green couldn't see anything on AOD after 10mins or if charging from start while AOD or night clock was on

So it was either faulty or software corruption as screen is black now with AOD

Associate
I've factory reset mine now to see if that improves things; I didn't bother before, but I normally always do. I was having quite a few issues so decided to bite the bullet and get it done. Too early to comment on battery as yet though, but the phone itself if nothing else seems a bit quicker and more responsive.

Soldato
Anyone else had issues with the Gmail app not pushing Outlook based email after Nougat update? I'm on a stock EE S7 with Nougat, before the update it was fine but now it's not pushing emails unless I physically open the app and check.

Checked that the settings haven't changed at it's still set to update every 15 minutes.

Soldato
Anyone else had issues with the Gmail app not pushing Outlook based email after Nougat update? I'm on a stock EE S7 with Nougat, before the update it was fine but now it's not pushing emails unless I physically open the app and check.

Checked that the settings haven't changed at it's still set to update every 15 minutes.
Standard mail client isnt the fastest at push mail neither and I have two accounts set up on it.

Associate
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but there must be something slightly different in the touch screen response of these S7s than other Android devices, and its starting to become irritating. Both mine and my girlfriends phone does the same thing, and it mainly seems to be noticeable in facebook.

Example, when you scroll, particularly through comment threads, it will quite often think I am long pressing and bring up the menu to copy etc. Sometimes it will even pop up in a place where my finger wasn't even on the screen. This menu can appear repeatedly, over and over again as you keep scrolling down. It's almost like a slightly lag / latency is present that isn't there on other android devices, such as my old HTC M8 (which I still have) and my Tesco Hudl 2 tablet, both of which are slower devices than the S7, and I don't remember it happening on my concept ROM'd Sony Z3 either.

It sounds trivial, but it's just one little thing that makes this device somewhat irritating to use and confirms that Samsung STILL have not quite got their implementation of Android right.

Soldato
I've factory reset mine now to see if that improves things; I didn't bother before, but I normally always do. I was having quite a few issues so decided to bite the bullet and get it done. Too early to comment on battery as yet though, but the phone itself if nothing else seems a bit quicker and more responsive.

Good stuff, would be useful to know how you get on with your battery after that reset. I haven't had any issues with performance after any updates, only the battery of late.

Caporegime
Never ever done anything like flashing. But it's it possible to go back to version 6?
And what do i need to do it? Battery life is a biggy for me

Associate
Good stuff, would be useful to know how you get on with your battery after that reset. I haven't had any issues with performance after any updates, only the battery of late.

Early to say but it might be slightly better. Tonight it's not so good again but there again I've been on a train so the signal would have been up and down.

Soldato
Early to say but it might be slightly better. Tonight it's not so good again but there again I've been on a train so the signal would have been up and down.

Where do 'Android System' and 'Android OS' sit under your recent battery usage at the end of a day? Mine are practically always at the top even surpassing the Screen on occasions which doesn't seem right.

Similar reports stated here: http://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-fix-bad-nexus-android-nougat-battery-life/

Soldato
Hey guys, I misplaced my platinum gold S6 last week and so got a brand new S7 Edge in metallic blue. I had a 2 year contract and upgrade was due in June. EE let me have an early upgrade with a new 2 year contract and slightly upgraded tariff (15GB data instead of 5GB) which is only £2 more per month than I was paying, so is now £35 pm. Haven't really used the gimmicky edge tab much but the phone feels great.

Anyway, my question. The phone is continually nagging me to do the update to Nougat. But I've read on here that people are getting worse battery life with it. And the features brought to Nougat don't seem to be anything particularly of interest to me. So should I avoid it or install it? And if I do avoid it, how can I stop the update reminders?

Associate
Same here, battery drain since upgrading to Nougat is horrendous.

I mentioned this on here a few weeks ago, from monitoring the battery nothing stands out!

If I leave my screen on or use the phone for watching videos I can get 6 hours SOT!
If I don't use the phone, or maybe listen to music with the screen off the battery is terrible, I've seen 1 hr 30 mins SOT in a single day and that's not
even listening to music, no idea whats up

Starting to do my nut in

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I mentioned this on here a few weeks ago, from monitoring the battery nothing stands out!

If I leave my screen on or use the phone for watching videos I can get 6 hours SOT!
If I don't use the phone, or maybe listen to music with the screen off the battery is terrible, I've seen 1 hr 30 mins SOT in a single day and that's not
even listening to music, no idea whats up

Starting to do my nut in
Have you done a factory reset after upgrading to nougat? It solved the same issue (plus sdcard issues) for me.

Back
Top Bottom