**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
Since upgrading the S7 Edge to latest Android version I've had an issue with WiFi networks where there's an exclamation mark in the WiFi icon whenever I unlock the phone. This goes away after about 10-20 seconds but during that time the WiFi is essentially inaccessible as it's like the connection is being re-established. I'm not sure this happened before the update and is very annoying. Is it a setting or something? I just want it to maintain the WiFi connection

Got to the bottom of this. It was caused by the Battery App Shutdown feature. It's on by default with the Samsung Nougat update and seems to be a way to try and save battery life by pausing apps and processes. Seems poorly implemented and was shutting down WiFi whenever lock screen was on for more than few mins. Turned it off and all seems good again.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

whats the best case and tampered glass protector for the s7 please?. The case i currently have does not have a high enough raised lip at the front. When i put on a tampered glass protector it is at the same height as the raised lips of the case.

There aren't any good tempered glass protectors for the S7 Edge

Associate
I've just ended manually flashing mine to the latest UK ROM on sammobile. If its not just my imagination, the phone seems to boot quicker now. It also has a nice little animation when you unlock the phone rather than just appearing as before. Just a small touch which makes it a bit nicer to use overall.

I must admit though today I was eyeing up the Pixel XL. These are starting to be available for reasonable-ish money now, but I'd still be putting in another £50 for the trade. Stock android would be nice to have, but I'm sure there would also be some features I may miss from the S7.... ultimately, paying for a sideways move may not be a great idea. Maybe once the new model is out, the price will fall further.

Soldato
Everyone still stuck on April sec patch, presumably?

Some stupid Samsung app kept bothering me to update (Enhanced features maybe?), so I finally gave in and let it update.

Immediately after that I got an OTA notification for the July security update.

Maybe worth trying that if you guys are still on an old patch?

Back
Top Bottom