**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
Quick question.. how are early adopters batteries doing now? After a full charge, with airplane mode on to ensure nothing is sapping the battery, I'm getting about 26 hours estimated. Normally lasts just about a day.

I remember when I got it on release, I sent some bragging screenshots to sent to a friend (cool, i know) after a charge and it shows 39 hours estimate which it quite easily reached and suppased.

Do the batteries degrade that much, or is it more likely to be a fault?

Thanks!

My battery life to begin with was amazing, even better than the Sony Xperias that it replaced that had truely outstanding battery life

I'm now at 2900 mAh from the original 3600 mAh. I notice it when I use my phone moderately, but in general it still lasts me a full day

My next Samsung I'll purposely not use the fast change unless absolutely necessary

Associate
Had my S7 for a while now, it just feels sluggish somehow. I've done reinstalls of the software, etc. it just feels awfully slow compared to my iPhone or a Pixel! Anyone experienced similar?

Sounds pretty much normal for a Samsung device, I’m afraid. When I got my Pixel 2 XL, the Samsung just feels broken. They are well known for lag.

Soldato
Had my S7 for a while now, it just feels sluggish somehow. I've done reinstalls of the software, etc. it just feels awfully slow compared to my iPhone or a Pixel! Anyone experienced similar?
Yip, mines exactly the same. Was rapid when new but it is slow as hell now. Only got really bad the last week or so. Haven't even done any updates in that time so don't know what's up.

Caporegime
OP
Gonna trade mine in at Game (probably) today.

Fed up with the performance being up and down and I have a recurring issue whereby the WiFi turns off for no reason.

I've got plenty of phones anyway :p

I'm starting to get this. Or something similar anyway. if I'm using a bandwidth heavy app like Acestream then it'll work for a while but then suddenly I'll get an exclamation mark on the Wi-Fi symbol and lose all access. Turning off Wi-Fi and back on again resolve but only for another random amount of time. Very frustrating. I'm on a Sky Swap 12 deal so will be able to change phones in 4 months time and while I was planning on keeping it and making the saving I might swap to something else, although I have no idea what!

Associate
I had to reset my phone a few weeks back, when I had everything up and running I immediately turned off the quick charge feature as I only ever use the wireless charger at work which isn't QC compatible if I'm stuck or via cable overnight

The past few days I've noticed a stretch in betterylife, especially today using Bluetooth for music in the car and on propertypal with the missus for hours I ended up getting 6hr 15m SoT before I needed a charger

I'm not sure if it's even possible to recondtion a battery but slow charging seem to be favoring charge duration in my case.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
So does QC kill the battery earlier then usual?

Just had a repair done on my phone thorough insurance. New back and front cover and New battery.

I've put a screen protector on this time and book case. I'll try and take care of it.

Soldato
Mine is dying on 85% charge. Refuses to restart unless I leave it for a day.
Contract up in October unless anyone can think of a way i can get out of it? Will take it in to CPW in the next few days when i have time.

Not buying Samsung again.

Caporegime
OP
Strangely I've had very few issues with mine. It lives in a full cover case, front and back 24/7 and has been as good as faultless. Only had it for 9 months or so though.

Soldato
No issues with mine, bar battery becoming noticeably and considerably bad. Some people are mentioning their mAh, is there a way to check battery wear now?

Associate
So does QC kill the battery earlier then usual?

Just had a repair done on my phone thorough insurance. New back and front cover and New battery.

I've put a screen protector on this time and book case. I'll try and take care of it.

Just to put some my 2 cents in, I have noticed much better battery life on my note 8 by turning off quick charge in the settings.

Soldato
Those that are having issues with their S7, do you ever use the device maintenance?

Just curious as I use it and my S7 edge is as smooth as it was when I bought it.

Soldato
I have the itch to upgrade mine. I want the pixel 2 but the lack of wireless charging kills it for me.
I don't think I've plugged my S7 in more than 2 or 3 times in the 2 years I've had it. Just use wireless QC each night and it lasts all day.

Back
Top Bottom