**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

smr

smr

Soldato
The S7 is the best phone i've ever had. So good that its the first I'm thinking about keeping now I'm out of contract and going sim only with. The only negative is that the back is a bit smashed up where I dropped it this winter, on Ice. The battery life is still very good but I think it drains quicker than it used to but I'm sure that's because of apps.. maybe AVG or something.

Soldato
I've been pretty happy with mine but the battery does seem to be going downhill, still not in a massive rush to replace it though. This update was a nice surprise, installing now.

Soldato
Anyone here ever bought a replacement white USB cable that plugs into the fast charger? My S7 Edge cable has started to fray around the strain relief at the micro usb end, exposing the inner wires. This also happened on my other identical fast charger that came with my S6 and I wrapped electrical tape around it. There's one on amazon by Syncwire, apparently a reputable name and comes with a lifetime warranty. It's meant to be almost unbreakable, it's much sturdier and comes with a thicker cable. Wondering what people here think of it? I believe it's fast charge capable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micro-USB-...keywords=samsung+fast+charger+and+cable&psc=1

Soldato
Anyone here ever bought a replacement white USB cable that plugs into the fast charger? My S7 Edge cable has started to fray around the strain relief at the micro usb end, exposing the inner wires. This also happened on my other identical fast charger that came with my S6 and I wrapped electrical tape around it. There's one on amazon by Syncwire, apparently a reputable name and comes with a lifetime warranty. It's meant to be almost unbreakable, it's much sturdier and comes with a thicker cable. Wondering what people here think of it? I believe it's fast charge capable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micro-USB-...keywords=samsung+fast+charger+and+cable&psc=1

I've been using an Anker branded 6ft braided cable for the last 18 months and it does a good job with absolutely no signs of damage. Still works well to this day, and does support fast charge :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01DEMTOQ6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Soldato
Yeah the Aukey ones are good, I had a couple of braided USB C cables which are built well too.

No updates yet on my XEU SIM free S7E, probably get it in a few weeks if the last update was anything to go by.

Soldato
Soldato
I think it's something to do with the csc file in the download. Iirc there are 2. One wipes the phone but the other doesn't.

Have you looked on the XDA forums?

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it's something to do with the csc file in the download. Iirc there are 2. One wipes the phone but the other doesn't.

Have you looked on the XDA forums?

After an agonisingly slow download of the stock ROM overnight, gonna try now. Apparently as you said using HOME_CSC apparently leaves your personal data.

We shall see. The pain of losing/having to transfer my personal data is why after 2 years I didn't upgrade from the S7 in March in the first place! Phones just don't interest me anymore and the S7 is perfectly adequate.

edit:

Still a bootloop after flashing everything + HOME_CSC. Wanted to avoid this but I'll see if I can do a factory reset. If not flash with the CSC file next.

Last edited:
Soldato
For downloading ROM's try this site https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model I got the Oreo in a few minutes.

Factory reset worked although the recovery mode still shows the following error (not sure if is related to problems I've had).

E: Failed to clear BCB message: failed to find /misc partition

Fortunately it appears Google has remembered all the apps I downloaded and is downloading them now. Hopefully some personal files along with them.

99% of my photos were backed up on Google Photos in original quality anyway and Whatsapp does overnight backups including media.

What I've lost are all texts (probably a good 5 years, but not bothered) but also photos taken with apps like instagram, snapchat etc.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Annoyed no issue, phone has decided to put all my games into game launcher. I was quite fine with having them on my home screen thanks very much. They don't even appear in the apps list either! If you remove them from game launcher then you have to search for them as they still don't appear on the apps list!

Back
Top Bottom