**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Hi folks. Posting this here as it's getting little action on Reddit :)

My Galaxy S7 Edge seems to have decided that it's been used in one too many showers and now the Home and power buttons refuse to work. As a result I now have a GS8 in my Amazon basket, ready to be checked out for delivery tomorrow. However, I'm wondering whether I should take a moment and look elsewhere.

I've enjoyed the GS7 Edge after years of iPhone ownership, which is why I immediately thought of the GS8 as a replacement. However, I'm wondering if it suffers from the same problems as the phone it would replace.

Namely, is that Infinity Display super easy to accidentally touch like the edge on the GS7 Edge? I often find that I mistype words because of it, or dismiss a dialogue box, for example. Has the different curve of the display fixed that?

My GS7 Edge also had a tendency to get really, really slow sometimes. I've always put this down to it being Android itself, with things like bringing up the keyboard, switching tabs in Chrome etc all feeling distinctly juddery. How's the S8?

I think I'll end up with one anyway, this is Amazon after all so it can be returned easily enough, but I wanted some feedback from people that have one and likely upgraded from the GS7 Edge, too.

EDIT - the only change to that from yesterday is that I didn't order the S8, and I now have an S8 Plus in my basket for Prime Now delivery today :D I like big screens, but have baby hands. The difference in width between the S7 Edge and S8+ is less than a mm, so I'm thinking that might be OK. It does look very, very tall though!

Thanks all.

Hi folks. Posting this here as it's getting little action on Reddit :)

My Galaxy S7 Edge seems to have decided that it's been used in one too many showers and now the Home and power buttons refuse to work. As a result I now have a GS8 in my Amazon basket, ready to be checked out for delivery tomorrow. However, I'm wondering whether I should take a moment and look elsewhere.

I've enjoyed the GS7 Edge after years of iPhone ownership, which is why I immediately thought of the GS8 as a replacement. However, I'm wondering if it suffers from the same problems as the phone it would replace.

Namely, is that Infinity Display super easy to accidentally touch like the edge on the GS7 Edge? I often find that I mistype words because of it, or dismiss a dialogue box, for example. Has the different curve of the display fixed that?

My GS7 Edge also had a tendency to get really, really slow sometimes. I've always put this down to it being Android itself, with things like bringing up the keyboard, switching tabs in Chrome etc all feeling distinctly juddery. How's the S8?

I think I'll end up with one anyway, this is Amazon after all so it can be returned easily enough, but I wanted some feedback from people that have one and likely upgraded from the GS7 Edge, too.

EDIT - the only change to that from yesterday is that I didn't order the S8, and I now have an S8 Plus in my basket for Prime Now delivery today :D I like big screens, but have baby hands. The difference in width between the S7 Edge and S8+ is less than a mm, so I'm thinking that might be OK. It does look very, very tall though!

Thanks all.

I've had the S7 Edge prior the S8+ so can answer your questions.

The Edges are much more refined on the S8/S8+. I had accidental touches on the edge on the S7 however not had any issues with the S8+.

I've not experienced any slow downs on my S8+, it's running buttery smooth in all departments.

I've had the S7 Edge prior the S8+ so can answer your questions.

The Edges are much more refined on the S8/S8+. I had accidental touches on the edge on the S7 however not had any issues with the S8+.

I've not experienced any slow downs on my S8+, it's running buttery smooth in all departments.

Cheers. What's it like size wise? Is it a great deal taller? I think it's about a cm, but numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Cheers. What's it like size wise? Is it a great deal taller? I think it's about a cm, but numbers don't always tell the whole story.

First day or two it felt bit weird but honestly it's got a similar footprint in the hand to the S7 Edge and you can't really tell it's much taller, it's not noticeable in comparison to S7 edge, just more immersive due to the screen to body ratio.

First day or two it felt bit weird but honestly it's got a similar footprint in the hand to the S7 Edge and you can't really tell it's much taller, it's not noticeable in comparison to S7 edge, just more immersive due to the screen to body ratio.

Hmm. I've got miniature hands. I might have to Amazon it for one of their awesome 30-day in-home trials :)

See how it pans out, there is always the S8 which is a bit smaller :p

In other news, my dbrand skins arrived today. Applied the hyperblack titanium for now:

A9g2W9Ch.jpg

ZiKslNch.jpg

TeWR3rSh.jpg

I now have a GS8+ :) I'll report back after I've used it a couple of days.

That's the skin I had on my Edge. If I keep this I'll get one for it, though I might change it up a bit and get a different finish.

OK, so this Iris Scanner. Are my eyes particularly odd or does this just plain not work? My eyes never seem to be in those circles which might be a problem, and even when they are it doesn't seem to work. I'll try re-registering them. In the mean time I've fallen back to facial recognition which is lightning. Yes it can be fooled, but I'm not worried about keeping state secrets on this thing, I just want to know that nobody can go poking around my photos while I go to the toilet at work :)

I still can't work out how to sync my chrome bookmarks with the samsung browser. All the instructions I have read say about linking my desktop chrome with the samsung version not the version of chrome that's on my s8 which is what I wish to do...

I still can't work out how to sync my chrome bookmarks with the samsung browser. All the instructions I have read say about linking my desktop chrome with the samsung version not the version of chrome that's on my s8 which is what I wish to do...

You need the Samsung internet extension in Chrome matey, sign into your Samsung account and then it will sync your bookmarks to the phone.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...kh?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

https://medium.com/samsung-internet-dev/release-of-samsung-internet-chrome-extension-v2-644e7b97096e

Back
Top Bottom