**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

What's the case of choice for the S8 non-plus?

I like pretty much all of the official cases.

Clear Case looks fantastic and adds minimal bulk, also the Alcantara case while expensive looks good, feels good and adds a bit more protection.

Both of which have a nice wee seperator between the camera lens and scanner making it easier to find.

Grrr, wish I'd waited and got a dual sim S8. Never thought samsung would sell them here and would have to get one off ebay with dodgy warranty. Oh well. 'Tis a nice phone and great display.

Not sure why Samsung stage the rollouts between XEU and BTU, they're both the same region after all, just BTU is a phone sold directly by Samsung.

For those using a custom theme, be sure to set navbar colour to manual first, then back to theme mode for it to re-establish the navbar background to the theme/app currently active. By default it sets to white regardless of the setting. The auto hide is basically immersive mode, and I find it is fully stable/bug free whereas the ADB command trick to get it had its bugs with some apps.

Last edited:
Not sure why Samsung stage the rollouts between XEU and BTU, they're both the same region after all, just BTU is a phone sold directly by Samsung.

For those using a custom theme, be sure to set navbar colour to manual first, then back to theme mode for it to re-establish the navbar background to the theme/app currently active. By default it sets to white regardless of the setting. The auto hide is basically immersive mode, and I find it is fully stable/bug free whereas the ADB command trick to get it had its bugs with some apps.

I had the XEU S7E that took ages to get the updates, now I've got the BTU. You couldn't make this stuff up.

What theme are you using by the way? I need to look at tidying this thing up now that it looks like it's going to be a keeper.

I did that Mrk then applied a theme. Does yours still default to white for some apps and dark for others?

Yes that's normal. It just means the apps where it's white either don't specify a navbar shade (uses default), or specify white.

Dev support for navbar shading is need e in many apps still.

Well, this new navbar is annoying.... I don't want the button there...but the autohide doesn't seem to work as before. For example if you're launching an app the navbar used to hide during the loading page and give a full screen view, as soon as the app launched the navy bar would reappear.

Or in Samsung Internet....scrolling down a page would hide the navbar, scrolling up and it would reappear....now I have to manage that myself. Anyone found a way around this after the new update?

I imagine they will tweak it further in the next update given there are a lot of people who don't like the new changes. I read they did it due something to do with preventing burn in when a black navbar is used.

I've applied the mod off the Web page below.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how...s-navigation-bar-height-without-root-0178227/

Making the navbar slimmer makes it less intrusive when white against a darker app page. Samsung always seem to be on the back foot these days - 'oh a potential issue let's rush out a patch' then 'damn, the users are grumbling we messed up, rush out another patch' :rolleyes:

To be fair it's a minor issue and never noticed any screen burn. Probably can't see it if it was there!

Back
Top Bottom