**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Ordered the official LED view case (fabric material) from Amazon, should arrive tomorrow.

Reviews seem to be quite positive for it. A colleague has the same case and the fabric feels so much better to the hand compared to previous plastic & leather cases.

Yeah just don't bother with installing the black notifications/framework apks so notifications remain white shaded. The dark text on black isn't an Android issue really, it's to do with the app calling up notifications and applying text colouring. If the apps support themed framework bits then they should contrast with them, so dark framework colours should dynamically choose lighter text colours.

It's more work for devs, which is probably why not many apps have this support, and themes/overlays aren't allowed to change the text colouring provided by third party apps.

I expect this all to change as system wide themes on Android get even better in the near future.

I caved in and got an S8+ today. Was toying with the idea of the OnePlus 5 but after nearly 3 years with an iPhone 6 Plus, I wanted something that actually looked different rather than just being a well-specced Android device. Have to say I'm really quite impressed with it and I was also surprised to find a C to micro USB and C to A adapter in the box, a nice touch.

Now to faff about with themes etc :)

So my Noreve case arrived on Monday finally after ordering in April! Quality is very very nice. Great product and fits really tight.

Shame on the wait time and shocking levels of customer service though.

Yeah just don't bother with installing the black notifications/framework apks so notifications remain white shaded. The dark text on black isn't an Android issue really, it's to do with the app calling up notifications and applying text colouring. If the apps support themed framework bits then they should contrast with them, so dark framework colours should dynamically choose lighter text colours.

It's more work for devs, which is probably why not many apps have this support, and themes/overlays aren't allowed to change the text colouring provided by third party apps.

I expect this all to change as system wide themes on Android get even better in the near future.
Gave that a whirl. Things like the share sheet (that's what it is on iOS, can't remember the name in Android) is black but with black text! :) That's no good!

Are you BTU? That's the same one I had yesterday morning :p

Which theme are you using by the way?

Indeed it's the same update you had, no idea why mine just came through now, I'm on BTU.

Using the Less is More theme that was posted on here yesterday I think (or the day before)

http://www.samsung.com/global/themestore/index.html?appId=com.cambunch.LessIsMoreN&SITE_CODE=uk

aOp9eJSh.png.jpg

nzNsK1oh.png.jpg

gnc8Xv5h.png.jpg

BTW, did you remove your settings from the community for the Jaybird X3 sound profile? Can't find it on the app anymore :(

Ah yes, I posted that theme lol, the notification window looked different at first glance is all :p

I removed one of the profiles, thought I had both uploaded to there as I updated the 2nd one! I'll re-upload it later tonight when I am home and connected up the X3 :cool:

Edit*
Shared!

Last edited:
Ah yes, I posted that theme lol, the notification window looked different at first glance is all :p

I removed one of the profiles, thought I had both uploaded to there as I updated the 2nd one! I'll re-upload it later tonight when I am home and connected up the X3 :cool:

Edit*
Shared!

:D

Cheers mate!

I just moved from a lg g3 to a samsung s6 (I know, im 2 years behind lol) the different in build quality is nuts...the Samsung phones are absolutely stunning.

Cant wait to get the S8 in 2019 lol

Chrome is Chrome.

Are you not signed in to your Google account on your "phone chrome"?
Of course I have, but you are incorrect the Chrome version for windows is not the same as the version on the S8.if you read the instructions though this is what it says: "Today we are very glad to release the much awaited version 2 of our Chrome Extension. Install it today to sync bookmarks across your Chrome browser on PC and Samsung Internet." Nothing about the Chrome version for android which is what I wish to sync with.

Back
Top Bottom