**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

I'm not sure what I have done, if anything! However I have lost the software 'tab' button and software 'Back' button. This is especially annoying browsing chrome or anything else that requires the use if the back button. The home button still works. Help anyone?

A new update has been released to fix the laggy TouchWiz launcher:

Today, Samsung has released an update to Samsung’s stock launcher called “Samsung TouchWiz Home”. The release notes in the update mentions a fix for “the lag issue when swiping up and down to switch between the home and app screens.” In addition, the update also improves the visibility of app labels, particularly while using a predominantly white background.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_s8_launcher_updated-news-25884.php

Ok this phone is fuking me off big time now. The tab, home and back buttons have vanished. The home button still works even though it is not visible. On web browsing for instance, chrome fills the whole screen up and i have no way of clicking back. Normally to the bottom left I get a tab button and to the right a back button. Any advice before I do a hard reset?

Ok this phone is fuking me off big time now. The tab, home and back buttons have vanished. The home button still works even though it is not visible. On web browsing for instance, chrome fills the whole screen up and i have no way of clicking back. Normally to the bottom left I get a tab button and to the right a back button. Any advice before I do a hard reset?

Swipe up from the bottom. It works like this from the last update.

Okay boys, my contract is up and im in the market for a new phone.

I have been looking at the S8 plus and pixel XL mainly because of their huge screens, half decent battery and snappy processors. I am no phone nut but i do want a high spec camera with a big screen. The main intensive thing i do is use it with my a6000 Sony camera to view, focus and change general camera settings remotely, something that my current s6 struggles to do smoothly.

I am a pretty good haggler and know that third party sellers can drop a big portion of their price, having had to bargain many contract and phone deals for my company. What sort of contract/prices did you guys get for your S8+?

True :p but then I'd rather be less annoyed with accidently hiding it!

I have to have something to grumble about it ;)

According to Accubattery the battery in my S7 isn't wearing very fast. Capacity is estimated at 3037mAh which is a slight drop from a start off estimate of 3090mAh. Factory capacity is 3000mAh. This is after 2 months use and full charge every night. Previous S7 was down to 2700mAh after two months use. All estimates by Accubattery app.

Anyone using Android Auto in their vehicle with S7? I plug mine into Pioneer head unit and getting probs with it disconnecting and sometimes when plugging back in get the error message saying there is an issue and try again when safe to do so. Also when I tap the mike button top right of AA screen to issue command it says it needs setting up when safe to do so. Needless to say I don't mess about with this when driving. Works ok with my old Moto x Style. Only info I have found is that android auto and apps it uses don't work too well if you restore apps from another phone backup. I did let it restore apps from a previous S7 backup so might have to wipe and start afresh?

Edit. I've just read there is a problem with voice commands and android auto in that it doesn't work and Google says a fix is on the way. Now only the connection prob to sort!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom