**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

I bought an S8 not S8+. The S8+ is available for about 690EUR before shipping from the same place though.

It's working with my giffgaff SIM, the only difference is you get a 2-pin mains plug which is not really an issue and gives me an EU travel charger.

The important thing was using a card that doesn't incur transaction fees. I used a Monzo so got the exact exchange rate without fees.

I bought an S8 not S8+. The S8+ is available for about 690EUR before shipping from the same place though.

It's working with my giffgaff SIM, the only difference is you get a 2-pin mains plug which is not really an issue and gives me an EU travel charger.

The important thing was using a card that doesn't incur transaction fees. I used a Monzo so got the exact exchange rate without fees.
How long did it take to deliver?

Nova, swipe down gesture FTW. :)
I had this gesture (still works)... What is strange since the big Samsung update however (where you can hide the nav bar) is that the nav bar is now white on the nova home screen? I don't remember it looking that stand out before... fairly sure it was black or transparent

Anyone confirm if they also have this issue?

Thanks!

EE wanted £58/month + £50 upfront for the S8+, but I managed to haggle it down to £46/month when I showed them my latest payslip as I work in the NHS. Not sure if that was a good deal in the end? Carphone Warehouse seemed to have buggered off from Stafford, leaving me with just the EE store and wasn't sure if I could trust 3rd party sites, so went with EE. Should get the phone in a few days time. Looking forwards to it :D

My navigation bar is transparent in most situations until the keyboard is on-screen, then it's white, which is annoying! It's definitely not white on my home screen whilst using Nova though.
Thanks for confirming. Very frustrating.

Thought it might be my theme but theme is SD-black so would be stupid for it to be that... Plus like I say I'm 99% it was transparent before the update.

Will have to have a mess around and maybe backup, re-install then restore nova and see. Thanks!

If you don't want a white navigation bar, install Navbar Apps, then settings > Colour of navbar when keyboard is open, set to black or something else. Then change the detection method if the default does not work. Do not change anything else, as it's not needed.

Using Nova my nav bar is transparent too on home screen. Goes white when keyboard is open and same with some apps and not with others where either black or transparent.

I also keep catching the hide nav bar dot when I go for back button (on left hand side) which is getting semi annoying.

Using Nova my nav bar is transparent too on home screen. Goes white when keyboard is open and same with some apps and not with others where either black or transparent.

I also keep catching the hide nav bar dot when I go for back button (on left hand side) which is getting semi annoying.

That actually just reminded me of possibly the best thing about the S8+ over the S7 Edge that I intended to go back to - I don't keep mashing the side of the screen with my hand when reaching over to the far side of the screen. That used to drive me mad with the Edge, but the different curvature on the S8+ clearly fixes that. If I remember rightly, the Note 7 fixed it too.

I really think I'm going to have to keep this thing instead of sending it back as I intended. Damn it! :D

Anyone else having problems with the sound cutting out. Playing any YouTube,music content causes the loudspeaker to cut out after a second or two. Only thing that fixes this is a reboot, and then reappears after a shirt while. Completely random. Praying I don't have to send back for a repair?

If you don't want a white navigation bar, install Navbar Apps, then settings > Colour of navbar when keyboard is open, set to black or something else. Then change the detection method if the default does not work. Do not change anything else, as it's not needed.

This seems like an ideal solution but the 'Navbar Apps' app has to run all the time for the setting to stay as far as I can tell? I did a 'close all' and then the nav bar was white again.

Back
Top Bottom