**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Caporegime
Bought myself a Spiegen Neo case, lovely fit and feels very nice, also got myself a screen protector - is it worth it for the S8 or is the glass a good enough quality to avoid light pocket style scratches?
Mine scratched after everyone here said the glass is improved since my last phone. It's still nowhere near scratch proof. That said, all the protectors I could find near release were even worse looking. Curved screens suck for that :p

Underboss
Mine scratched after everyone here said the glass is improved since my last phone. It's still nowhere near scratch proof. That said, all the protectors I could find near release were even worse looking. Curved screens suck for that :p

Thanks Kenai, I found one which isn't bad, it's by a company called Yootech, you use a water applicator thingy which softens the cover enough to be able to get it to curve, works fine with my Spiegen case and so far hasn't started to peel.

Not sure what it will be like long term but the quality seems good, you can't notice it's on and the screen is as responsive as it is without the cover.

Associate
Thanks Kenai, I found one which isn't bad, it's by a company called Yootech, you use a water applicator thingy which softens the cover enough to be able to get it to curve, works fine with my Spiegen case and so far hasn't started to peel.

Not sure what it will be like long term but the quality seems good, you can't notice it's on and the screen is as responsive as it is without the cover.

ive seen the yootech ones on amazon, how long you had it on for mate? Its not a glass one though is it?

main thing is, doesnt start to come off after adding a case and screen is still fully responsive and clear

Permabanned
OP
I've had 3 spiegen (transparent, slim, hybrid), 1 ringke, 2 others from amazon. The ringke is good - but just so you are aware, over time the matt texture does peel a little on the corners, but it still feels and looks great all around.

Underboss
ive seen the yootech ones on amazon, how long you had it on for mate? Its not a glass one though is it?

main thing is, doesnt start to come off after adding a case and screen is still fully responsive and clear

Only had it on since Saturday and no it's no glass but I only want to try and avoid the pocket scratches - it's still on and doing okay with the case so far.

Time will tell, with the curved screen it's always going to be difficult unless it's a glass protector with curved edges, for £6 for a 2 pack I'll test it out.

Associate
Only had it on since Saturday and no it's no glass but I only want to try and avoid the pocket scratches - it's still on and doing okay with the case so far.

Time will tell, with the curved screen it's always going to be difficult unless it's a glass protector with curved edges, for £6 for a 2 pack I'll test it out.

I've had my S8 since April and tried one glass screen protector and found it awful. So pretty much the glass has been bare. The glass is still pristine and devoid of scratches. I dont put anything in my pocket with it. Other day I was cleaning holes out prior to pouring concrete. Holes were dug into silica sand and to my horror a quantity found it's way into my pockets. Cleaned phone off carefully (rinsed it under a tap) and glass is still good. I have a Ringke case fitted for some protection and grip. Putting an ill fitting screen protector on just spoils the feel and look of the display. I hope I don't regret it!

Soldato

I’ve got the Yootech LiQuidSkin on my s8 plus and it’s holding up very well.

Comes with everything you need to fit including the soapy spray.

Works perfectly with the Spigen Neo hybrid case.

It had trouble at the edges with a soigen touch case I think it was.

Associate
Picked up the S8, To replace my very old Note 4, So far it's ok. camera quality is good! I've also got some of that liquid shark screen protector stuff, and a Spigen Rugged Armor case for added protection.

Soldato
I've had my S8 since April and tried one glass screen protector and found it awful. So pretty much the glass has been bare. The glass is still pristine and devoid of scratches. I dont put anything in my pocket with it. Other day I was cleaning holes out prior to pouring concrete. Holes were dug into silica sand and to my horror a quantity found it's way into my pockets. Cleaned phone off carefully (rinsed it under a tap) and glass is still good. I have a Ringke case fitted for some protection and grip. Putting an ill fitting screen protector on just spoils the feel and look of the display. I hope I don't regret it!

My screen to is absolutely pristine, I did try using the phone of a case for a few weeks however but have went back to my Alcantara one. Simple reason why, I managed to pick up two scratches on the back glass, only visible under certain light but I suppose that's all because that side of the phone was against surfaces compared to the screen as I never have the phone face down.

Couldn't go back to having a screen protector, has tried a few but they certainly do ruin the look of the screen on these types of phone.

Associate
is anyone having problems with the phones camera? for some reason it starts blurry, and needs a shake / wipe to focus...
o t
my mate had this prob with his had to do the same thing, think samsung said return to fix it dont know if he sent it

All this screen protectors thing is harddd. this might have to be first phone that i dont put a screen protector on, case has been on since day one but dont want to ruin the repsonsiveness and look of the screen

Probably going to order the ringke fusion case next, even though the casemate one is good i want some more harder protection on the back

Associate

which ringke case you got mate, any pics?

looking at one with a bit more grip than the fusion one which is just plastic

Permabanned
OP
which ringke case you got mate, any pics?

looking at one with a bit more grip than the fusion one which is just plastic

I got the slim, great feeling to it and it's the smallest case I've seen so far for the s8, only issue I have is that the grip flakes off at the edge of the cover, it's negligable as you don't notice it unless you study it.

Soldato
S8+ camera. Not sure what is happening, but i am finding several shots taken after i have put the camera down or open the phone to find it is recording.

I have a wallet type case, so not sure if i am catching the screen when i close it, but anyone else seeing this?

Back
Top Bottom