**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

You don't. You won't be making changes you don't want to, since you want to remove the clock from top left, so what you need to do with Android 9 is use Samsung's app to do just that since the clock being on the left is a part of Android 9 in general because of Google's changes to the UX.

That is your only option.

Actually I have succeeded in moving the clock to the right, within the status bar area where it should be, not the notification bar by using Good Lock and Quick Star without carrying out any further modifications to enable the apps. Stupid place for it to be in the first place but it is possibly there due to the design of some phones, however not mine...

The notification bar is the status bar. Mrk mentioned this. The area you speak of underneath is just a page of the launcher. Not sure why left is stupid and right isn't but I'm glad you got there in the end. Personally left is fine by me, it matches the orientation of the clock on the quick settings pull down anyway.

There is only one bar, the status bar, which is also known as the notification bar. People are telling you they are the same - that's the exact opposite of splitting hairs lol. Make no mistake though, if you want to split hairs then Google call the bar(its one bar, not two) the status status bar.

https://material.io/design/platform-guidance/android-bars.html#status-bar

On Android, the status bar contains notification icons and system icons.

So that's what you should call it. If you want to split hairs :)

Last edited:
I use both full Facebook and Messenger apps.

Samsung Messages for SMS. Had native dark mode and is better for Android 9 due to OneUI than anything else.

Took the OTA over the weekend, its kinda borked DashClock for me now but having read the last few pages, I can't believe I had never come across Good Lock before with Lockstar etc ... thank you!

Overall, phone feels slightly snappier, hopefully get a true test of battery life at work today

Back
Top Bottom