**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Try a restart, i had to reboot phone and then it showed up. It's a 1.6Gb update so Wi-Fi recommended unless your on big data tariff

I would echo MRK's comments, nice and smooth now after install yesterday and really enjoying using it so far. Visually prefer it to previous UI and works well even with Nova running. Lots of nice little tweaks and bits that make the phone far nicer to use

Just did a restart and took sim out. No update here:(

Associate
Installed the Pie beta on my S8+ zero issues and I like the gesture navigation, works perfectly for me. Overall impressed with this beta so. I like the new design too.

Soldato
I like pie on the 8+

battery seems better
average of 4h on screen time

I'm missing option of being able with shutter button in the camera app... if option is there, I cant seem to find it...

Soldato
Are there any new handsets being eyed up by current users of the S8 who like the handset? I'm out of contract soon, but at the moment I'm thinking of just going to a sim only contract and keeping my S8 as nothing new seems to offer a notable advantage. Is anyone aware of any alternatives that are a significant improvement?

Associate
Are there any new handsets being eyed up by current users of the S8 who like the handset? I'm out of contract soon, but at the moment I'm thinking of just going to a sim only contract and keeping my S8 as nothing new seems to offer a notable advantage. Is anyone aware of any alternatives that are a significant improvement?
P20 Pro is interesting me.

Does anyone have issues with notifications? on mine, does not matter which app, takes 10-15 seconds to load them.
Phone is also lag tastic, very frustrating, my previous lesser C7 pro was quicker!!

Considering switching to a motorola G7 + if I can't fix the above.

Man of Honour
Samsung Pay is better in my experience having used both side by side.

1: Samdung Pay allows more places to pay over £300 as I found recently. A mate with Google Pay could not pay a £39 restaurant bill, neither could another mate. I paid using Samsung Pay the same amount and it went through perfectly.

2: Samsung Pay's loyalty card area uses Mobeam to transmit the card's barcode/number, so is more usable on more checkout scanners.

3: The layout of Samsung Pay is much more user friendly.

Soldato

I'm keeping my s8 for another year.

Nothing around that's worth the money to upgrade to in my opinion.

The s10 does look nice, but it's still not exactly night and day better than the s8. And the price is hilarious.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, barring any accidents I can see my S8+ being used for another year. Maybe it'll give me the time to see how Android's future plays out as I am becoming quite tired of Google and their software of late.
I also don't want to support the outrageous pricing that phones carry nowadays - I may just look to OnePlus should I require a phone but I'd prefer a headphone jack wherever possible and they've abandoned that from the looks of things.

Back
Top Bottom