**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Got the final update to Pie to take o/s and One UI out of Beta this morning. Pleased to say that fingerprint reader is working with Natwest app again. Still really liking this setup, battery life is so much better, i really like One UI with Nova Launcher on it and phone feels fast and smooth still

edit: Also nice to have some new features like the Bixby button remap options so i can finally use it for Google Assistant using a quick command rather than needing an app or root. VOLTE and Wifi calling actually seem to work properly now as well

Did the recent Samsung update. All text messages wiped any way of getting them back??

Also before if I got WhatsApp message it would show a preview first line in the lock screen. Despite ensuring all app settings are correct now it just shows a WhatsApp logo. Very annoying!

You need to turn on notification info in lockscreen settings. That's it really.

As for text messages, they should not have wiped unless you installed the update a non OTA way or did a reset. Your text messages are backed up to Samsung Cloud assuming you created an account and enabled the Samsung account sync.

You need to turn on notification info in lockscreen settings. That's it really.

As for text messages, they should not have wiped unless you installed the update a non OTA way or did a reset. Your text messages are backed up to Samsung Cloud assuming you created an account and enabled the Samsung account sync.

Hey thanks.

I've looked at lockscreen settings and whatsapp settings. All on, allow notifications, show content - tbh the settings should not have changed with the update but something has and I can't work it out.

I did get a notification saying my samsung account couldn't sync the other day ?space. Will have to work out how to restore messages from the last backup.

I just installed pie over smart switch. For an awful moment after installing, it looked like i had lost all my texts and contacts. They are there now though, thankfully.

I'm guessing they all got restored from my samsung cloud account.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if Adhell 3 is working under pie?
Received 3 pm's on reddit this morning advising me to continue not upgrading to it just yet as there are many UI inconsistencies and issues with the navbar.

Edit: I am told by a few redditors that Adhell 3 works under the Pie build.

Last edited:
I also had the Pi 'upgrade' to my phone yesterday and now I have this clock permanently in my notifications bar. Has anyone any information on how do I remove this please as I cannot see anything on the internet that says you can...

The clock on the left? You always had the clock but on the right. That's Google's doing not Samsung. But you can move it etc with Good Lock (QuickSTar module). Just got updated today for Pie with new features.

The clock on the left? You always had the clock but on the right. That's Google's doing not Samsung. But you can move it etc with Good Lock (QuickSTar module). Just got updated today for Pie with new features.
Yes but not the clock on the right status bar, but now I have a clock on the left in the notification bar and I don't want it. There was never a clock there before Pi..
As here top left:
6yfr5f.jpg

Last edited:
Status bar is the notification bar. The clock on your screenshot on the right is your homescreen widget/config which has nothing to do with the status bar (top notification bar).

If you don't want the clock on the top left bar then turn it off using the Quick Star module in Good Lock. The clock being on the left is not Samsung's doing, but thankfully they give you the ability to move or disable it.

Either that or reconfigure your home screen or use a better launcher than the stock one.

Back
Top Bottom