**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Associate
Has anyone used Whitestone dome screen protectors before? They are a bit pricey, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience of them?

I've got one on my S8+, it's been on for about 4 weeks now and it's great. You have to follow the instructions to the letter but it's fairly straightforward to apply. There are plenty of videos on YouTube.

Soldato
Anyone had a dispatch email who's ordered from Samsung direct?

I've decided against the led case. Too much and sounds like quality is not what you'd hope. I've got the Spigen for now and will see if anything else comes up.

Last edited:
Associate
Not had a dispatch email from Samsung direct yet, but a few guys on Reddit are saying they have had theirs, and another guy said he phoned Samsung earlier and was told all pre-orders were shipped out today and that dispatch emails would arrive this evening/eary hours tomorrow. Here's hoping!

Associate
edit - argh just realised you have to send in your S7 phone, the front of mine is fine but the back case is cracked where I dropped it :/

So did I 2 weeks ago. It wouldn't be the first time I have repaired a phone and a replacement glass rear is under £10. However until I cracked it I was unaware my IMEI number is printed on the back!.

So stuff it, I am putting a rear skin on as I have one here and when they (DO!) discover the crack then I guess I will just have to pay the £75 surcharge.

wsh

wsh

Associate
When will the phone be on display at CPW? I can't decide between the black and blue. But given the choice would go grey! Sad grey not available in the UK

Soldato
So did I 2 weeks ago. It wouldn't be the first time I have repaired a phone and a replacement glass rear is under £10. However until I cracked it I was unaware my IMEI number is printed on the back!.

So stuff it, I am putting a rear skin on as I have one here and when they (DO!) discover the crack then I guess I will just have to pay the £75 surcharge.

Not sure if you read it right (or at least I think I did) but it's a case of them declining the trade-in and returning it to you where you'd be liable to pay the trade-in value PLUS the £75 surcharge.

I was in two minds to trade-in too as I've got about 30% paint peel on the home button, but this is classed as wear and tear and should be fine to trade-in.

Associate
Looking forward to seeing the reviews from those who have ordered the S9+. I moved from a Note 8 to a Pixel XL 2. Whilst I loved the Pixel XL 2's pure android experience, the poor hardware was a real let down. So eventually got an iPhone X and whilst I love it, I really fancy going back to Samsung/Android and the S9+ looks to fit all my requirements.

So come on delivery drivers, get these handsets out there!!!

Back
Top Bottom