The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Soldato
Also, I should be available between 7.30 - 10.30pm for flying tonight if anyone's about.

As always, anyone is welcome from 0 Vatsim experience to those that are awesome. IFR or VFR.

Meet on Mumble laterz:

Port: 4158

Pwd: ocuk

Associate
What are the best websites for getting decent reviews on the payware aircraft and airfields?

Recently got back into FSX but I'm really out of touch in terms of what to buy.

I already had REX Essentials and I've just bought FTX Global. I'm eyeing up myTraffic as my next add-on but I'd like to buy a decent light aircraft to play about with, and maybe a uk airfield to go with it.

FTX seems to have some nice stuff, like the Lancair IV-P http://fullterrain.com/product_lancair.html) and quite a few airfields, but without really knowing where to look, I'm not sure what to get.

Any suggestions?

Associate
Have a feeling I may never get flying again.......

Trying to re-install FSX and am going round and round in circles at present.

The installer only gives me the options of Repair or Remove and these do not work..the repair fails as says it is only valid for installed items and the remove fails with an error (Error 0x080040702 Failed to load DLL:GameuxInstallHelper)

Have tried several reg cleaners and most of the tips form the internet, but am getting no where fast.

Also tried clean booting (running W8 64 Pro) and that has not helped any.

Anyone got any ideas what to do?

Associate
What are the best websites for getting decent reviews on the payware aircraft and airfields?

I already had REX Essentials and I've just bought FTX Global. I'm eyeing up myTraffic as my next add-on but I'd like to buy a decent light aircraft to play about with, and maybe a uk airfield to go with it.

FTX seems to have some nice stuff, like the Lancair IV-P http://fullterrain.com/product_lancair.html) and quite a few airfields, but without really knowing where to look, I'm not sure what to get.

Any suggestions?

Here you go.

http://www.mutleyshangar.com/

These are some of my favorite planes I fly with.

Ifly 737, PMDG 737, PMDG 747, Level D 767, Captain Sim 757, Quality Wings 757- RJ75/85/100. Airbus X Extended A320/321

All the Carenado planes are fantastic.

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php.

All the Orbx add ons are great.

Associate
Have a feeling I may never get flying again.......

Trying to re-install FSX and am going round and round in circles at present.

The installer only gives me the options of Repair or Remove and these do not work..the repair fails as says it is only valid for installed items and the remove fails with an error (Error 0x080040702 Failed to load DLL:GameuxInstallHelper)

Have tried several reg cleaners and most of the tips form the internet, but am getting no where fast.

Also tried clean booting (running W8 64 Pro) and that has not helped any.

Anyone got any ideas what to do?

Have a look at this mate,.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Associate

Any suggestions?

Real Air Lancair Legacy and Turbine Duke are about the best GA aircraft you'll
find. I wouldn't get the Orbx IV-P, I'ts not up to the standard of newer stuff.

Soldato
V and I took the ATR 72s out last night.

We planned to fly from East Mids to Geneva on Vatsim.

Ground was online and asked me to change my flight plan. The Brooklands Park departure wasn't available after 7pm, so it would be a Daventry departure.

I love this plane and setting it up was the usual routine.

After takeoff, the ATC around Europe quietened down and there was no coverage. My cruising altitude was FL230 and I ignored any altitude restrictions to get up to cruise.

However, with 200 miles to go, I got a text from my other half saying it was time to pick her up from her evening, so I bailed out and wished V a successful landing.

Associate

Followed that instruction prior to my re-install attempt and got nowhere.

Managed to get somewhere as there was a post mentioning that entries get made under the product code too. Managed to find these and delete with prejudice and got round to be able to re-install.......which was where some more fun started.

Install base pack, all great. Started up, flew a flight, shut computer down and rebooted. Installed Acceleration, started up, flew a flight, shut down FSX, FSX had fatal error and restarted. Close FSX, shut down computer, reboot and then FSX fails to start with Fatal Error every time.

Remove Acceleration and all work fine...except for a big fat OOM when loading up FlyTampa Dubai after only being in game for 5 mins.

Decide to then just add SP1 and SP2 and all goes well until SP2 which brings back the Fatal Error message.

See some more posting about certain dll's which can cause this. Delete them but still no joy.

My next step to get back into the air is remove all that I have added onto the dedicated SSD, reformat that completely and then do some research and set up a dual boot on that SSD with W7. Seems to be my next logical step as W8 is refusing to play ball with it.

All my driver files are up to date also

Fingers crossed I can get to the bottom of this and get myself back in the air soon

Associate
V and I took the ATR 72s out last night.

We planned to fly from East Mids to Geneva on Vatsim.

Ground was online and asked me to change my flight plan. The Brooklands Park departure wasn't available after 7pm, so it would be a Daventry departure.

I love this plane and setting it up was the usual routine.

After takeoff, the ATC around Europe quietened down and there was no coverage. My cruising altitude was FL230 and I ignored any altitude restrictions to get up to cruise.

However, with 200 miles to go, I got a text from my other half saying it was time to pick her up from her evening, so I bailed out and wished V a successful landing.

A great flight into Geneva. Pity you had to go mate. I did miss the G/S :p but managed to land just fine. I do like to ATR and missed flying it. I still get a config warning just before take off so I'm forgetting to do something :confused:

I found this. I think we going to have a launch very soon.

http://www.twitch.tv/nokimen/b/439812625

Associate
Grrrrrr...still no joy.

Removed all drives but the one I wanted to put W7 on, went through a few hours of getting that on and then SP'd and updated, put on FSX and lo and behold......fatal errors each time I try and fly.

Am proper befuddled as to why it is misbehaving like it is.

So as to try and rule out the SSD, have gone and ordered one of these and may shuffle the drives I have around between which ports they are connected to.

Will go for a W8 install as CBA with the time taken for putting W7 on there again.

Fingers crossed I wil be flying again soon

Soldato
I'm sorry to hear you're having this grief.

Have you looked in the Windows Event Viewer for any issues on the FSX Crash?

There are tools you can use to interrogate running processing and .dll usage to pin point the error.

Associate
Had completely forgotten about that.

May have a look on there tonight and see what is causing the issue.

Have to wait until tomorrow for my new drive to arrive anyway, so gives me something to do in the meantime.

Plus it gives me the chance to sort out the snakes wedding that is going on in the back of my case :p

Associate
So, seems like FSX doesn't work on Windows 8.1 at all. Been away for work all week and picked up a Saitek Yoke while I was away, so was desperate to try it. Got FSX installed this morning and made a quick flight, but made a mess of installing FSX, so I thought I would just bite the bullet and update the PC to 8.1 while I was messing about with it anyway. After 5 hours of fighting it, I googled 8.1 FSX and got pages of people reporting that it just crashes straight away. Wish I had done that at the start.

So, back to W8 now before I can even use my new yoke. Bit of a mission just to get this working. From what I saw though quickly this morning, FTX Global is beautiful. Is there something better than UTX for all the roads and stuff? I installed FTXG then UTX and was getting fairly ugly UTX textures over the top of FTXG, I didn't realise UTX actually installed textures, I thought it was just putting all the roads in the right places.

Associate
Simbrief just launched its a virtual Dispatch Generator.

Very accurate, used it for several flights and it's spot on

http://www.simbrief.com/home/index.php

My VA posted this on their forums a couple of days ago. I tried it and got some errors(cant remember what it was) will try it again. It's getting a lot of praise!

This is the error I'm getting..

Fatal Exception: Flood control is in effect. Please try again in 1 seconds

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom