The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Soldato
I'm patiently waiting for Flight Sim Labs Airbus A320 series to come out.

Once you 'taste' the complexity of the 737 NG, your expectations in FSX will never be the same again.

You won't be disappointed with the FSL (I'm a beta tester for it), so keep waiting ;)

:confused:

I have the 757 which is fantastic, much better than the Quality Wings one. Also have the C130, a great plane to fly. I bought the 777 on their last 9.99 sale but not flown it at all.

Which one did you not like?

As above, when you've had add-ons to the level of the PMDG, FSL and Majestic, you have a strong feel and desire for deep systems modelling. The CS757 is a half-baked systems modelling - buggy, doesn't work as it should etc etc. Even the engines calculate a takeoff EPR and then never, ever reach it! What's the point? The CS777 also looks equally bad/buggy, judging by a few posts and screenshots in the AVSim forums.

Most add-ons just don't cut the mustard any more.

Soldato
Thanks for the post. Will give that a try tonight and see how I get on.

Will watch and read some more tutorials. Practice makes perfect.

On my setup with the iFly, in the descent, I have to reduce my hardware throttle levers even tho I'm in managed FMC descent. and keep an eye in the speed. Eventually the speed realigns. Some speed brakes often help.

If you're about one evening, we can log onto Mumble and go through this. ?

Soldato
On my setup with the iFly, in the descent, I have to reduce my hardware throttle levers even tho I'm in managed FMC descent. and keep an eye in the speed. Eventually the speed realigns. Some speed brakes often help.

If you're about one evening, we can log onto Mumble and go through this. ?

That'd be great. Ill have a look and this Mumble and set it up tonight. What's the server details?

Last edited:
Soldato
That'd be great. Ill have a look and this Mumble and set it up tonight. What's the server details?

Mumble:-
Port: 4158
Pwd: ocuk

It's a free server hosted by mymumble.com. Sometimes it will go offline. So if it's not up, give me a prod and I can restart it.

I'm next free to fly Sunday Evening / Early Monday morning / Tuesday Day.

Soldato
Thanks. I'll try and catch you next Tuesday or this Sunday then.

Can I ask what are you using for EGGD? I live in Bristol and fly quite frequently from there.

I would like to invest a bit more into scenery and Hardware. Currently running i7 920 @ 3.8 with a NVidia GT9800. I think a GPU upgrade would help.

Soldato
I've been using UK2000 scenery for Bristol.

http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page14.html

A free version is available.

The real-world charts for EGGD are here:-

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=36&Itemid=85.html

Upgrading for FSX can be disappointing. Before investing in hardware, do a thorough check of your PC for:

a) CPU / MEM consuming processes in task manager
b) Defragged HD
c) A run through of your FSX.config making sure it works for you
d) What you're prepared to compromise on scenery/display settings
e) Whether an SSD may help
f) Updated drivers of your hardware
g) Ancillary help programs like nVidia inspector.

As for scenery, the ORBX stuff is looks great, is good value and transforms FSX. The Photographic scenery (what I have) is also good. The two don't work together.

Soldato
So apparently PFPX will be released in the next week or two. Looks like an amazing tool for those who take flight planning seriously but sounds like there will be some subscription required for database updates/winds aloft data etc. Not many details at the moment but I don't think this would put me off.

Soldato
3 Images from me:

DC3 near Bristol:
fsx%202013-07-28%2011-29-01-86.png

Approach into Glasgow with Autoland due to the foggy weather:
fsx%202013-08-17%2021-28-18-42.png

fsx%202013-08-17%2021-28-25-86.png
Thanks to the Vatsim controller that stayed online for my fight from Bristol.

Soldato
PFPX has been released but the servers are taking a hammering. I've decided as much as I love the flight planning side of things to hold off on this one.

FSX is really annoying me at the moment as I just can't get it tweaked properly to avoid the blurries.

Soldato
What will PFPX offer over EFB?

I installed the iFly 3.x update this weekend. Not sure of the initial differences, but I'm sure they're there.

The T7 is going to be so exciting.

Why the blurries Ringo? Your screenshots used to be sharp?

Soldato
What will PFPX offer over EFB?

I installed the iFly 3.x update this weekend. Not sure of the initial differences, but I'm sure they're there.

The T7 is going to be so exciting.

Why the blurries Ringo? Your screenshots used to be sharp?

I haven't used EFB but PFPX is like the real world planning tools that dispatchers use to generate flight briefing packages with route info, enroute weather, notams, wind data at each waypoint etc. I have seen a few samples and there is around 30 pages of data generated per flight (depending on flight length of course).

At the moment I use vRoute and more recently SimBrief but PFPX takes flight planning to a completely new level.

I've no idea what I've done to introduce the blurries. Clean installs, deleting fsx.cfg and starting over, nothing seems to work. Only thing I can think of is that things have got worse since switching from Win7 to Win8. Stability isn't an issue at all but the blurries are just so annoying.

Back
Top Bottom