The 'Official' Screenshot & Tips thread 4 FSX enthusiasts & flight simmers.

Soldato
Hmm, very tempted by this. Got GEX Europe which I've found OK with UTX but this will definitely give a lot more options to fly else where in the world I wouldn't normally go. (Africa and Asia etc). Think I'm going to go for it but my SSD isn't going to be happy. (Only have 40GB or so left from 256GB and that's purely FSX!).

Permabanned
I get confused by all of this! :confused: what should the order be in your library? I know airports sit on top what should be next and then next etc?

Come on lets see the photos, credit card used, finger hovering over the enter button! :D

Scenery Library order (mine anyway) and all seems well

AES
Aerosoft Afcads
Airports (UK2000, aerosoft, flytampa etc etc)
FTX Regions (FTX Eng, Wales, Scot, NZ, South Alaska, Pacific Regions, Rockies)
Other Regional Scenery Addons (FSDG DEX North, Earth Simulations Channel Islands, NL2000 etc etc)
FTX Global (when i get it later today)
UTX (with lighting disabled in UTX config)
FS Global Ultimate Europe Mesh (dont really fly outside Europe so haven't invested in other Mesh..yet...until PMDG 777 is out :D )

I dont always have it all enabled at once, I generally only have scenery activated that I intend to fly to. Having unnecessary scenery activated will only increase loading times, potentially cause more 'blurries' and eat up valuable VAS as you fly over it.

And yes, one of the best things about the FTX Global package is their new Hybrid Mode, gone are the days of opening up FTX Central and having to select which part of the world you wanted Orbx scenery to display (usually this would cause problems with other addon scenery).
Activate Hybrid mode and fly wherever you like to whatever scenery, Orbx or otherwise, you wish and there should be no problems

Last edited:
Associate
Scenery Library order (mine anyway) and all seems well

AES
Aerosoft Afcads
Airports (UK2000, aerosoft, flytampa etc etc)
FTX Regions (FTX Eng, Wales, Scot, NZ, South Alaska, Pacific Regions, Rockies)
Other Regional Scenery Addons (FSDG DEX North, Earth Simulations Channel Islands, NL2000 etc etc)
FTX Global (when i get it later today)
UTX (with lighting disabled in UTX config)
FS Global Ultimate Europe Mesh (dont really fly outside Europe so haven't invested in other Mesh..yet...until PMDG 777 is out :D )

I dont always have it all enabled at once, I generally only have scenery activated that I intend to fly to. Having unnecessary scenery activated will only increase loading times, potentially cause more 'blurries' and eat up valuable VAS as you fly over it.

And yes, one of the best things about the FTX Global package is their new Hybrid Mode, gone are the days of opening up FTX Central and having to select which part of the world you wanted Orbx scenery to display (usually this would cause problems with other addon scenery).
Activate Hybrid mode and fly wherever you like to whatever scenery, Orbx or otherwise, you wish and there should be no problems

That is great cheers!

Soldato
Wow. Just installed FTX Global and I'm gobsmacked!

Quality of textures on the off-beaten track are excellent. Feels almost like a whole new game. I mean I have quite a few addons and payware airports but now it really feels I could happily fly anywhere in the world. Totally worth the £60!

Just been having a quick fly around various parts of the world. Here are a few pics. No scenery/land texture addons other than FTX Global on these. Oh and UTX Europe is working flawlessly with it...the Alps never looked so good!

2013-7-27_16-13-16-29.jpg

2013-7-27_16-26-12-831.jpg

2013-7-27_18-40-51-303.jpg

2013-7-27_19-12-58-924.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Just saw this! This is a Vatsim event between Heathrow and Dubai. Maybe just wishful thinking!

Join us when we take the PMDG 777X on VATSIM from London Heathrow (EGLL) to Dubai (OMDB). The flight time will be about 6 Hours and 30 Minutes and we anticipate as much air traffic control as possible. We anticipate to depart at 1100z (11:00 AM UTC) on Saturday, 3rd of August 2013. Remember that, this date is a guess of when about the 777X will be released. As you all should know, this isn’t a confirmed date but only just a guess. If the 777X isn’t out by the event date. No 777X or 777X, you’re still welcome to join us in any plane of your choice.

Associate
Here are some screenshots from different parts of the world using FTX Global:

Sunset over Cape Town, South Africa:

fzKag.jpg

Crater Lake, Oregon:

cUHqi.jpg

Faroe Islands:

SEU5s.jpg

Beijing:

djkcU.jpg

Afternoon - Grand Canyon, Arizona:

sWTw.jpg

Puerto Rico:

WBZl.jpg

Lukla, Nepal:

YVbR9.jpg

Niagra Falls:

51Rwb.jpg

Norwegian Fjords:

B7OQY.jpg

Panama Canal:

2DNiz.jpg

Bhutan:

m7Sae.jpg

Part of Moscow:

cJyvk.jpg

Sunset over India:

cdazh.jpg

Late afternoon over Rio, Brazil:

ZM5m.jpg

Rhön - Hessen, Germany:

UAkRS.jpg

Basra, Iraq:

YS4x6.jpg

Morning - Easter Island:

OQwlb.jpg

Paris:

kma5R.jpg

Associate
A few of LOWI. Playing around with different ENB series configs on these so hence the differing HDR. UTX Europe and Aerosoft LOWI (hence the transition with FTXG). Using the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 and Carenado TBM 850.

Absolutely gorgeous, thanks man. Still not going to spend £60 on it, but I can dream.

Edit: Dappo, lovely pics dude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom