** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Last edited:
SpaceX have filled for permission to land the first stage back on land :eek:
Be interesting if they get permission. Tugs have been seen on the move so looks like barge back up if they don't. Penned in for 15th of December atm.

And you have to love non technical people writing, the Huffington post has a cracker today.
Apparently the Angara will help Russia build a moon base with a payload capacity of 700tons, bahhhhaaaa.

Last edited:
SpaceX have filled for permission to land the first stage back on land :eek:
Be interesting if they get permission. Tugs have been seen on the move so looks like barge back up if they don't. Penned in for 15th of December atm.

And you have to love non technical people writing, the Huffington post has a cracker today.
Apparently the Ankara will help Russia build a moon base with a payload capacity of 700tons, bahhhhaaaa.

700 tons of vacuum maybe.

I don't want to derail what is an excellent thread and I really enjoy looking at the information and links that are posted. However, have you seen what appears to be an increasing number of internet discussions/videos calling into question our exploits in space? There certainly appears to be hatred/distrust of NASA. I found my toes curling at some of the absolute drivel that was being spouted and got involved in a thread to try and at least put some facts on the table for discussion. What a mistake that was. In essence everything in space is fake/conspiracy. Whilst I guess I should just walkaway and think "their loss" the hardcore element do appear to be converting others including a colleague at work (I despair).

To end on a positive note, I came across an astro-photographer based in Australia who has captured some remarkable images. There's a fantastic one of the ISS which I've linked to below.

http://deography.com/international-space-station-over-australia/

The launch of a Vega VV06 carrying LISA Pathfinder from Europe's Spaceport, French Guiana:

LISA Pathfinder will test key technologies for space-based observation of gravitational waves. These ripples in the fabric of spacetime are predicted by Albert Einstein’s general theory of relativity but have not yet been directly detected.

More:

http://sci.esa.int/lisa-pathfinder/

Last edited:
I don't want to derail what is an excellent thread and I really enjoy looking at the information and links that are posted. However, have you seen what appears to be an increasing number of internet discussions/videos calling into question our exploits in space? There certainly appears to be hatred/distrust of NASA. I found my toes curling at some of the absolute drivel that was being spouted and got involved in a thread to try and at least put some facts on the table for discussion. What a mistake that was. In essence everything in space is fake/conspiracy. Whilst I guess I should just walkaway and think "their loss" the hardcore element do appear to be converting others including a colleague at work (I despair).

To end on a positive note, I came across an astro-photographer based in Australia who has captured some remarkable images. There's a fantastic one of the ISS which I've linked to below.

http://deography.com/international-space-station-over-australia/

I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it really winds me up.

To cap it off as well for some annoying reason my youtube suggestion feed has been getting a load of flat earth videos added to it recently, made the mistake of watching the first few minutes of one. Its just staggering.
I'm not sure if people actually believe this rubbish or if they just like to troll. Assuming that they are just morons.

Back
Top Bottom