** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Man of Honour
Updated mars plan by spacex, other than the flight part, it looks more reasonable. 9m instead of the original 12m makes a huge difference in both manufacturing and transporting.

Still think 2022 is unrealistic. But at least unlike other companies they are actually bending metal.

Man of Honour
Please tell me i'm not the only one who thought the BFR (SpaceX next generation rocket system unveiled today) stood for: Big Flipping* Rocket

*may be substituted for a naughty word
It does, but media friendly version is falcon. Although I see places like wired use the swear word.

Man of Honour
spacex launch in a few minutes.
they actually said in the live stream they have a ship out there for the fairing recovery efforts, which ive never heard them talk about in the stream before.
I doubt we will get video from it yet, but hopefully in upcoming launches, they seem to be moving to a more confident position on the fairings.

well this one came in a little toasty, wonder how much damage that is causing.

34owqow.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
well we knew spacex falcon heavy would have a silly payload, seems the first car is about to "drive" to mars, and its an ev :p

Payload will be my midnight cherry Tesla Roadster playing Space Oddity. Destination is Mars orbit. Will be in deep space for a billion years or so if it doesn’t blow up on ascent.

Man of Honour
nice to see blue origin fly gain. I think they will beat virgin galactic for paying customer flights.

I wish they weren't so media shy though.

Back
Top Bottom