** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Man of Honour
I still find it frankly amazing that they're able to recover pretty much all of the launch vehicle.

Lets hope it all goes swimmingly for them and Musk's Tesla goes for a Mars flyby.

Man of Honour
That's not going to happen. Either it'll be within limits or it won't be.

I take it you missed his comments just now heh - short of being unsafe to human life he was pretty much just going to go for it. Such a different attitude to what you normally get.

Soldato
I'm surprised, considering the destination, they have such a large launch window. An hour here or there must have huge repercussions for the trajectory.

Not at the scales and distances the car will travel - for LEO/GEO/ISS they have to have exact launches, but for swinging near Mars over 100's of millions of miles, you have several hours to launch, and just micro adjust enroute - imagine a 100 million mile long stick and how little you would have to move it at one end to majorly move at the other! lol

Man of Honour
Again that's not going to happen.

Maybe just showmanship but meh Musk tends to be one of those people who do things like that. (That is basically how he has got to where he is today by just saying "meh lets do it and see what happens, we'll learn something either way").

Man of Honour
Maybe just showmanship but meh Musk tends to be one of those people who do things like that.
Like when.
Aka he doesn't.
This isn't fun like selling flame throwers. There's allready a huge number of unkowens with this flight, without ignoring their own launch rules.

Soldato
Maybe just showmanship but meh Musk tends to be one of those people who do things like that. (That is basically how he has got to where he is today by just saying "meh lets do it and see what happens, we'll learn something either way".

I am going to super concentrate so the universe understands, it must be Musks showmanship - FH WILL launch today !!! He's keeping us on the edge of our seats the lil scoundral ! haha

Man of Honour
Like when.
Aka he doesn't.
This isn't fun like selling flame throwers. There's allready a huge number of unkowens with this flight, without ignoring their own launch rules.

You mean the guy that is re-posting groot pictures to twitter while building up to the launch?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I must admit, I am quiet excited to see this launch today! Its not every day we get see a event like this.

Man of Honour
You mean the guy that is re-posting groot pictures to twitter while building up to the launch?
And this is relevent why?
You do realise the difference from showmanship and media attention and risking 100s of millions of dollars and many months worth of progress.

Back
Top Bottom