**The Official Star Wars Battlefront II Thread (PC)**

Soldato
They put them through as expenses, and they get more revenue from streaming whilst opening them.

Youtubers are basically the ultimate hypocrites.

This all comes down to the consumer at the end of the day. Regardless of what people say, EA's decision comes down to how many people buy the game and loot boxes while youtubers views/subs. etc. I do find it funny the people who pre-ordered though and are scrambling for a refund. At the end of the day I still think this will be a commercial success for EA, regardless of the most down-voted reddit comment in history.

Soldato
of course it'll be a huge success, it'll earn millions and millions just off the Star Wars name, that's the really sad thing in all this. Once they look at the profits and other companies are seeing how much can be made in loot crates, it'll just open up the door for more of this consumer raping.

Soldato
I am so gutted about this game mind! I really really really really want to buy it! I absolutely loved every second of the BETA.

On the other hands my principles are telling me not to. EA are the scum of gaming. They closed BF2 revive .......

But then at the same time I have NOTHING else to play. I bought Tarkov, I'm just not feeling it. I want a run and gun.... I want to play the single player for the story line, I want something to play over Christmas! aGrrr.

WHAT DO I DO!!!

Soldato
I am so gutted about this game mind! I really really really really want to buy it! I absolutely loved every second of the BETA.

On the other hands my principles are telling me not to. EA are the scum of gaming. They closed BF2 revive .......

But then at the same time I have NOTHING else to play. I bought Tarkov, I'm just not feeling it. I want a run and gun.... I want to play the single player for the story line, I want something to play over Christmas! aGrrr.

WHAT DO I DO!!!

If you choose to delve into Battlefront Reddit then that should put your mind at ease from purchasing a game that's pay to win.

I love Star Wars just like everyone else, but i'm not just going to buy a game just because it's Star Wars when the system is utter crap and designed in a way to entice you to spend. Have some cleverness and self respect for yourself.

Soldato
If you choose to delve into Battlefront Reddit then that should put your mind at ease from purchasing a game that's pay to win.

I love Star Wars just like everyone else, but i'm not just going to buy a game just because it's Star Wars when the system is utter crap and designed in a way to entice you to spend. Have some cleverness and self respect for yourself.

I've been reading redit for days.... I posted up in our clan facebook page about it!

I think I've made my mind up if I'm honest. I am painfully bored in the night. I had 3 days of total joy during the BETA. This could be the first single player game I play!

I'm a sell out. Once thing tho I will NEVER buy a loot create.

Associate
Would be fascinating to see the reaction if something like a Film like Avengers: Infinity Wars cut the last 10 minutes and sold it separately or you would have to sit through 5 minutes of adverts every 15 minutes unless you paid extra....

The artistic side of gaming is being eroded and its all just about business now, much like Premier League Football.

The best thing consumers can do is not buy these games, the best thing developers can do is retain rights and creative control and the best thing publishers can do is **** off

Soldato
Would be fascinating to see the reaction if something like a Film like Avengers: Infinity Wars cut the last 10 minutes and sold it separately or you would have to sit through 5 minutes of adverts every 15 minutes unless you paid extra....

The artistic side of gaming is being eroded and its all just about business now, much like Premier League Football.

The best thing consumers can do is not buy these games, the best thing developers can do is retain rights and creative control and the best thing publishers can do is **** off

Or just don't buy the loot boxes!

The game itself is worth the money against the hours I'd put in.... But what destroys it is the way someone with more income can gain the advantage.

However in the same breath a as dad of two girls I've always come up against players who have 1000s of hours to play and unlock everything!

Just sadly I'm at the bottom of the pile here as I don't have disposable income or any want to gamble it away, neither do I have the time to put in to unlock what I need to!

If I do buy it, which I'm leaning toward because I'm literally so bored in the nights and sick of series and gym .... I wont be buing any loot boxes.

Soldato
You can pretend to yourself like that solves the issue but it doesn't, it's beyond whether you pay for the micro-transactions or not now.

I'm not pretending anything... But lets be fair our reach or "aware" gamers only scratch the surface. Girl in work with me just forked out £80 on this for her husband who plays it on the ps4... How do we reach people like that, I've explained to her the issues weeks back. She still bought it.

So do I sit there with nothing to play watching video's of a game I wish I was playing, which being realistic wont solve anything.

Or do I buy the base game, benefit from the free content at the extent of other losers paying $$$$ to unlock rare cards and get battered now and again.

Either way we lose! On a good note none of my clan mates are buying it as they're enjoying Tarkov, destiny 2 etc.... Me I'm just sat there browsing facebook and reading redit.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds good=, but you'll get your ass handed to you without buying them . That's the whole idea behind them.

I love this game, but I won't be buying it. Never again will I buy a EA game.

I'll just have to see.... Old Jack Sell out Frags made some good points on his recent youtube video. Point will be how many people who come up against with everything unlocked!

Lets not attack each other, I'm a weak man with nothing to play who loved the beta and LOVES star wars.... Not to mention I can fly around in space. Agrr.

As I said anyone I speak to i'll tell them not to buy loot boxed!

Caporegime
EA has removed the refund button from their customer portal. Hoping people will just give up canceling because of the 60+ minute wait time to live chat support.

Disgusting company. Absolutely vile.

tw08e1o7ovxz.png

Just wow, can Ea sink any lower and people still want to buy and support this game?!

You can pretend to yourself like that solves the issue but it doesn't, it's beyond whether you pay for the micro-transactions or not now.

This this this this this!

Saw this interesting post in your link

Wow but hey, just think how l33t you will be when you tell all your friends that you levelled and unlocked everything in SWBF 2 not to mention how impressive it will look on your CV!!!! :D

Soldato
Despite all of the hate I did preorder this game some time back on the strength of the first one.

I know I might burst into flames but I enjoyed it and I am looking forward to this one.

Anyone had their key from cdkeys yet?

Back
Top Bottom