**The Official Star Wars Battlefront II Thread (PC)**

Soldato
Even a subscription plan would have been a better system than this, in SWTOR you have to subscribe if you want to play the bulk of the game, it actually tries to force you to do that by choking what you can do as a F2P player.

The issue with the Battlefront 2 system is that it's an FPS game and putting P2W methods in an FPS game is not a good idea at all, and methods such as locking out credits gain for 24 hours is very similar to what SWTOR does (see above) to get you to spend on Cartel Coins and purchase a subscription.

Battlefront 2015 just needed more content and more refinement to become great, but EA decided to be greedy and went a step further.

The crates should have been cosmetics only, they also sell just as well and people pay ridiculous amounts for a cosmetic item.

Caporegime
It's a shame as during the trial I'm having far more fun than I did on the first one, suppose gaming isn't about being fun anymore though for EA :rolleyes:

Anyone know what settings I can turn down that don't impact visuals too much? My 1080 is struggling slightly at 4k.

Soldato
Apparently, three people from the Dev team are doing an AMA in the Star Wars Battlefront 2 Reddit at 5:00PM today - Should be... interesting :p

Soldato
70 quid for a 6 hour campaign were the AI are so ******* bad it seems like its been programmed by fisher price and the story isn't even finished hahaahah

Whats even worse, the arcade mode is a hot mess. Its not finished. No skirmish mode, limited maps, no space battles, no vehicles, honestly EA /DICE have really made a right hash of this one. The single player camgiagn looks nice graphically- but the game is about as deep a as a puddle - and £79.99 for the top ingame purchase package? no thank you.

Caporegime
I think the way they wanted to do loot boxes would be fine... if it was a free game.

I wouldn't say fine but at least it would give you a true choice whether to support them financially or not.

A free to play model like league of legends is fine.

It wouldn't surprise me if EA eventually do subscription based models for titles like this and fifa, steady stream of income on top of the huge microtransaction spends and they can release updates whenever they want instead of set release dates.

Permabanned
Times like this I’m happy to be a casual gamer who doesn’t give a toss about how quickly I can unlock stuff or even care about unlocking anything. Literally don’t know anyone in real life whose even remotely arsed about any of this pay to win stuff... yet you come on the internet and everyone’s having a breakdown over it lol.

Soldato
I'm sure there'll be plenty of EA shills in the AMA with extremely negative viewpoints, so the subreddit and community can be written off as unstable/toxic.
Forcing all progress through a storefront is beyond lame.

Caporegime
Times like this I’m happy to be a casual gamer who doesn’t give a toss about how quickly I can unlock stuff or even care about unlocking anything. Literally don’t know anyone in real life whose even remotely arsed about any of this pay to win stuff... yet you come on the internet and everyone’s having a breakdown over it lol.

They aren't having a breakdown over unlocking stuff, the argument is down to creating a balanced and fair game, it doesn't surprise me anyone in real life isn't bothered as many people turn a blind eye to everything as a coping mechanism.

Man of Honour
yet you come on the internet and everyone’s having a breakdown over it lol.

Regarding this point....

Its the internet, everyone is always having a breakdown over something on the internet. Its like THE place to moan about something in the modern age, be it loot crates, a tv show or how certain chocolate bars arent as big as they used to be :D

In fact look ! I've just used the internet to moan about people using the internet to moan ! :p

Probably best not to comment if you don't understand what is going on.

Soldato
Probably best not to comment if you don't understand what is going on.

If you're a casual gamer and want a few online games of SW BFII with the ones that have dropped over a £100 etc ingame - then its so unbalanced and you stand no chance. Being a casual gamer in the game is actually the worse. Hardcore fans and those that pay will have a massive advantage - and that really isn't fair at all..

It seems the best route for the game is to just enter online games, accept you'll get a whopping and maybe find a few you can noble and just earn the credits at the end as I heard the credits you earn are the same for everyone in the match ?? I might be wrong, but yeah, just accept you'll get a whopping from the high powered card holders.

Permabanned
If you're a casual gamer and want a few online games of SW BFII with the ones that have dropped over a £100 etc ingame - then its so unbalanced and you stand no chance. Being a casual gamer in the game is actually the worse. Hardcore fans and those that pay will have a massive advantage - and that really isn't fair at all..

Casual gamers aren’t arsed if they get spanked, at least me and none of my mates are... I can still have fun with a negative KD ratio, as can most casual gamers.

They aren't having a breakdown over unlocking stuff, the argument is down to creating a balanced and fair game, it doesn't surprise me anyone in real life isn't bothered as many people turn a blind eye to everything as a coping mechanism.

Nothing do with coping mechanism, just not that arsed about a video game being a bit unbalanced. You need to realise not everyone takes video games as seriously as some people here do... if someone kills me purely because they have some paid for content I honestly couldn’t give a toss... it will have little to no effect on my enjoyment of a game.

Caporegime
Casual gamers aren’t arsed if they get spanked, at least me and none of my mates are... I can still have fun with a negative KD ratio, as can most casual gamers.

Nothing do with coping mechanism, just not that arsed about a video game being a bit unbalanced. You need to realise not everyone takes video games as seriously as some people here do... if someone kills me purely because they have some paid for content I honestly couldn’t give a toss... it will have little to no effect on my enjoyment of a game.

So you don't mind it taking around 1300 hours to level every star card from level 3 to 4 across the 4 classes and you also don't mind playing for around 4528 hours to unlock everything in the game then?

Also, should be noted that it will actually take even longer than what the above was worked out to be as people are only starting to see that there is a cool off period until you can start to earn more credits so yeah, add a few hundred more hours to those figures......

If not, fair dos, you will certainly get your money worth and a great sense of pride and accomplishment, lets just hope that the game doesn't die within a couple of months like the first one :p

Permabanned
So you don't mind it taking around 1300 hours to level every star card from level 3 to 4 across the 4 classes and you also don't mind playing for around 4528 hours to unlock everything in the game then?

Also, should be noted that it will actually take even longer than what the above was worked out to be as people are only starting to see that there is a cool off period until you can start to earn more credits so yeah, add a few hundred more hours to those figures......

If not, fair dos, you will certainly get your money worth and a great sense of pride and accomplishment, lets just hope that the game doesn't die within a couple of months like the first one :p

I don’t mind because I have no intention of unlocking everything, I’ll probably be bored of it within a few weeks anyway... like most games.

Back
Top Bottom