**The Official Star Wars Battlefront II Thread (PC)**

Soldato
new patch today > info < few crash fixes, odd balance tweak, not much but good to see them patching fast and regular now.

unlock first new skin - Rodin .... hmm

Man of Honour
I agree on The Division, spent a fair amount of time playing and it was fun, except for the fact that they labelled it a tactical shooter and its third person. For me shooters, tactical or not, should be first person only. That's the main reason i didn't bother with GR:Wildlands.

I ended up giving The Division a pass on this aspect - its the only 3rd person, cover (sort of) shooter that after awhile starts to fit like a glove (or would do if they hadn't made the recent idiotic movement change which sometimes breaks the fluidity) - most 3rd person and/or cover based games I can't move beyond the awkwardness of movement, awkwardness of the cover mechanics and over the shoulder aspect, etc. but with the range of options for managing movement and camera, etc. and the approach used in The Division I can live with it.

Associate
i dont know if its the spector meltdown thing(doubt it because i updated my bios) but my game keeps freezing at random intervals. I googled the problem and came across something about editing “bootoptions” and “profileoptions_options” . Did that and it changed nothing, this was before and after uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. Even gave the game admin rights to both the short cut icon and origin launcher.

Does anyone who has had this problem know how to fix it? The game is basically unplayable as it is :(

Thanks in advance (Y)

Associate
Played my 10 hour trial and enjoyed playing it so bought it while it was on sale.

Its a bit weird on my GPU temps, I can play other games including BF one for hours and my GPU never goes into the red. But sometimes Battlefront pushes it straight into the 80s. Then other times it goes no where near.

Soldato
I ended up giving The Division a pass on this aspect - its the only 3rd person, cover (sort of) shooter that after awhile starts to fit like a glove (or would do if they hadn't made the recent idiotic movement change which sometimes breaks the fluidity) - most 3rd person and/or cover based games I can't move beyond the awkwardness of movement, awkwardness of the cover mechanics and over the shoulder aspect, etc. but with the range of options for managing movement and camera, etc. and the approach used in The Division I can live with it.

That’s exactly what I found with the division having not played any third person shooters before. GR wild lands is OK but not as fluid to play.

Associate
Starting to get into this allot more now.

Had a few good runs playing the different heroes.

Its so frustrating though when you finally get a hero then the game ends, or you die before getting a chance to swing your lightsaber.

Associate
I did, been playing that tonight along with a game or 2 on blast.

:/ First game of heroes vs villains didn't go well as there was a cheater on it, seen the same guy on different game modes a few diff nights so I don't think there must be a very big pool of players.

It was good fun once he left though, remapped some keys which helped allot with my hero abilities. Getting the hang of it allot more now.

Soldato
Is this worth playing now?

Is pay to win gone, and does it have more depth than its predecessor which had all the depth of the dregs left on a teaspoon?

Caporegime
It's pretty thin, albeit has more content than the first, single player, arcade etc. It's worth a few hours but it won't be a long term staple like BF4, BF1 imo. I got it on the cheap and don't regret the purchase, there's enough there to warrant the price if you can get it sub £20.

Pay to win was gone the last time I played it.

Soldato
Is this worth playing now?

Is pay to win gone, and does it have more depth than its predecessor which had all the depth of the dregs left on a teaspoon?

If you have origin Access you get to play the full game for 10 hours Single player and Multiplayer - If you decide to buy it you keep all your progress.

Pay to win has been removed, now the ability cards are unlocked and upgraded as you play and level up.

The cash shop will be back but only for cosmetic items which can also be bought via the ingame currency.

It's a good game with fantastic visuals and sound. Shop around as you can get the base game for £20-23.

Back
Top Bottom