**The Official Star Wars Battlefront II Thread (PC)**

Soldato
Opened a 'daily crate' last night, launched it tonight and it says next crate in 11 hours???

How can they call it a 'daily crate' when you don't get one every day, or am I missing something?
I think it resets daily, if you logged on in 11 hours time i bet it would then say 24 hours. They might mean daily on USA time so almost half way through the day.

Soldato
Hmmm, is this worth £22.50? Does it require a heavy time investment?

For me, I'd say yes £22 it's well worth it.

There are obvious benefits for time played, better unlocks better equipment and higher levels. Will this impact your gameplay ? yes and no, you will meet fully equipped heroes and troops that have an advantage over you but they die just as easily when you know what to do.

It runs silky smooth, is one of the best looking games about and you have a full campaign - AI battles - Hero battles - and other modes. oh and the space battles are superb!

My advice, pay £3-4 for a months Origin Access (google it) and get a 10 hr trial of the full game. That way, if you dislike your only out of pocket a few quid plus you keep your progress.

Caporegime
RIP super charged sentry.

As a main heavy user I have to admit it did feel a little OP at times but DICE have basically nerfed it into oblivion, to the point of it being nigh on useless. The heavy class now feels very underwhelming, it's signature ability is pretty much a waste of an ability slot.

They need to offer full customisation of classes.

Associate
RIP super charged sentry.

As a main heavy user I have to admit it did feel a little OP at times but DICE have basically nerfed it into oblivion, to the point of it being nigh on useless. The heavy class now feels very underwhelming, it's signature ability is pretty much a waste of an ability slot.

They need to offer full customisation of classes.

Exactly what i thought, i levelled my s.c sentry to full then they nerf it, it's barely usable now so i changed out the slow and a standard sentry is much better.

Also seems everyone has switched to explosive sentry.

Caporegime
Exactly what i thought, i levelled my s.c sentry to full then they nerf it, it's barely usable now so i changed out the slow and a standard sentry is much better.

Also seems everyone has switched to explosive sentry.

Yeah the standard seems to be the way to go, i'm not a fan of the explosive the mobility basically means you get murdered.

It would be nice to just bin sentry off and go with barrage(has received quite a nice buff)/ion torpedo/enhanced grenade or something. Sentry just feels like it's a wasted ability.

Associate
I have a few problems with this game. PC is in my sig. When starting the game for the first time (every time without fail I might add!!!) the game crashes as its loading. Start again for the second time and it will load up without issue. I also get a lot of network errors and the game crashing. I go out and low and behold the network status is showing no connection and its 90% of the time with SWBF2. Why is this game messing up my network connection? Another thing I have noticed and its ONLY this game, when I start up the game I get a whirring noise as if the fans on the GPU are at full whack. This stops once the game has loaded.

Soldato
I have a few problems with this game. PC is in my sig. When starting the game for the first time (every time without fail I might add!!!) the game crashes as its loading. Start again for the second time and it will load up without issue. I also get a lot of network errors and the game crashing. I go out and low and behold the network status is showing no connection and its 90% of the time with SWBF2. Why is this game messing up my network connection? Another thing I have noticed and its ONLY this game, when I start up the game I get a whirring noise as if the fans on the GPU are at full whack. This stops once the game has loaded.

The whirring could be due to no framerate cap on loading scenes as i suffer from that.

Associate
Ahhh, thank you Theone8181, that could be it. I haven't always had this issue which is the strange thing. Its only recently after M$ released the dodgy patches at the start of the year?

Associate
Lots of aimbot hackers/cheaters the last few days. It is so boring, they get 150+ kills, no-one on their team gets to kill anything and the other team just leaves.

Don't get the mindset at all. Competition makes games fun, so don't know what they get from it.

Associate
Scummy cheating toss-pots. Hate the way people deliberately ruin games for other people. If people want to cheat fine... cheat in single player games, not multiplayer games!

Soldato
had a go at this for the first time in ages

first MP match and some guy was 65+ kills within a minute of starting and his own team was even quitting because they had no one to shoot at
Second round was a lag fest with deaths after running behind walls and shots not registering

sigh

give me offline / bots galactic assault and Starfighters please EA and I will be happy

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
OP
https://www.techpowerup.com/241675/lucasfilm-rumored-to-ditch-ea-for-a-new-game-publisher

Rumors are going around that Lucasfilm isn't too happy with how the Star Wars franchise is turning out ever since they handed the license over to Electronic Arts in 2013. Up to now, EA has produced a total of two titles under the Star Wars: Battlefront sub-series. Their first Star Wars: Battlefront game was released in 2015 as a reboot of the previous games. Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) was highly criticized for its lack of a single player campaign. EA's solution to keep die-hard Star Wars fans happy was to release a multitude of free expansions and paid DLC packs to add more content to the game. And then came Star Wars: Battlefront II in 2017, a sequel that received even harsher backlash because of the over aggressive loot-crate system that was implemented into the game. EA responded by temporarily eliminating microtransactions from the game. But to make matters even worse, EA closed Visceral Games, the studio was working on Star Wars: Project Ragtag, last year.

EA's relationship with Lucasfilm hangs on a thin thread right now. The gaming giant's lackluster record of releasing two games in a five year period has
allegedly forced Lucasfilm to explore other options. Ubisoft and Activision have been mentioned so far. If the rumors were true, who would you rather have working on the next Star Wars game?

Caporegime
Please let it be ubi!

Ubi are a great company for games now, they have really turned things around, still questionable decisions but at the end of the day:

- their games look amazing (can you imagine if massive did it or/and they used the snowdrop engine)
- stunning open world games with so much detail crammed in that make the game worlds extremely immersive
- starting to get some rpg element in to their games and not making it a snorefest like other more true RPG games i.e. kingdom come on!!!! and the witcher etc.

Associate
Please let it be ubi!

Ubi are a great company for games now, they have really turned things around, still questionable decisions but at the end of the day:

- their games look amazing (can you imagine if massive did it or/and they used the snowdrop engine)
- stunning open world games with so much detail crammed in that make the game worlds extremely immersive
- starting to get some rpg element in to their games and not making it a snorefest like other more true RPG games i.e. kingdom come on!!!! and the witcher etc.

Ubisoft, you're kidding right? All Ubi make these days is console trash that's so easy you barely feel like you're playing a game. In fact most of the time the game plays itself.

Caporegime
Ubisoft, you're kidding right? All Ubi make these days is console trash that's so easy you barely feel like you're playing a game. In fact most of the time the game plays itself.

Are you by any chance referring to things like marking your targets/spotting with binoculars/owls etc.? Hit indicators? And as a result being able to see these enemies through walls? When an enemy is about to spot you giving you the chance to kill him before he alerts others and so on?

If so, you do realise, you can turn this stuff off? Makes the game a lot more realistic i.e. less hand holding and so on.

Associate
Are you by any chance referring to things like marking your targets/spotting with binoculars/owls etc.? Hit indicators? And as a result being able to see these enemies through walls? When an enemy is about to spot you giving you the chance to kill him before he alerts others and so on?

If so, you do realise, you can turn this stuff off? Makes the game a lot more realistic i.e. less hand holding and so on.

No, i was thinking more of the general button spam, roll around on the floor like an idiot game play that comes with every console game these days and you can't turn that off in the settings. Honestly, i could teach my dog to play the dumbed down trash that gets delivered by AAA devs. Most games you only need to hold down a single button and your character does everything for you. I just can't get enjoyment from that sort of thing.

I'm not denying that games are lovely to look at, but whats the point when everything else is lacking so badly.

Back
Top Bottom