***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

The more I play, the more I think they ballsed up the inventory sizes. Big time.

I'm sorry, but if you are going to make a game with sixty gazillion different guns and their variants, and an absolutely crazy amount of resources and aid items etc, whilst filling every location with an abundance of the stuff, then you need to give the player a larger inventory.

It turns the game into 'Sortfield' and does increasingly become a chore. I end up overencumbered all the ***** time.

(And yes I've maxed out weight lifting and ship cargo etc, and wear armour that adds capacity).
Just mod it or use console commands. You can keep the achievements active via mods if that concerns you. I've always appreciated that with these games, if you don't like something there is likely already a mod to change it to your liking, or will be soon enough.

It's in the basement of the lodge in a corner of a room, if you get the angle just right you can collect the suit without having to open the case.

The lodge does have a bottomless safe/container but it's not linked to you like the ship is as far as i know, that sucks a bit as I dont really want to have to head back there every time I need something.

Think I'm going to modify my narwhal to have more cargo, there are some really nice builds on Youtube but the system seems pretty clunky to use.

I only use it to store things like minerals or legendary items which I don't sell. Basically very long term items.

It does not take long to get there due to fast travel, plus I try and do it when heading there to the shops to sell stuff.

I only use it to store things like minerals or legendary items which I don't sell. Basically very long term items.

It does not take long to get there due to fast travel, plus I try and do it when heading there to the shops to sell stuff.
You are clearly more organised than me then lol.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Just mod it or use console commands. You can keep the achievements active via mods if that concerns you. I've always appreciated that with these games, if you don't like something there is likely already a mod to change it to your liking, or will be soon enough.

Why is it that as soon as someone mentions using the console I think of @mrk? :cry:

Either use mods to change inventory size or use WeMod to achieve the same with less hassle.

My son was insistent that I try the zero weight via WeMod last night.

Finally, I can walk for more than 20 seconds without almost passing out. I may have to keep using it TBH as managing the inventory turns back into a chore otherwise.

As long as you don’t go nuts with the cheats and ruin the game, I’ve no problem with it.

What are you buying? I'm level 30, just bought the shield breaker and still have 400k
I was sitting on almost 600k, bought the narwhal which cost 450k or thereabouts. Throughout my time in the game i have ended up wasting credits on various things, paying off bounties being the most painful. I do have many thousands upon thousands of rounds for guns i never use as well. ‘Better to have and not need blah blah blah’ (basically i ran out of ammunition once and now i hoard the stuff like a looney Arkansas prepper).

The more I play, the more I think they ballsed up the inventory sizes. Big time.

I'm sorry, but if you are going to make a game with sixty gazillion different guns and their variants, and an absolutely crazy amount of resources and aid items etc, whilst filling every location with an abundance of the stuff, then you need to give the player a larger inventory.

It turns the game into 'Sortfield' and does increasingly become a chore. I end up overencumbered all the ***** time.

(And yes I've maxed out weight lifting and ship cargo etc, and wear armour that adds capacity).

I have no idea how anyone plays this without the weightlifting and ship cargo increase skills.

I know I could just not pick up stuff, but then what's the point in having it all there anyway? What's the point in items and credits if you just essentially ignore them when out and about?

The inventory system is irritating the hell out of me too.

I am constantly shifting stiff around between me, ship, companion and lodge. Any long mission means being encumbered.

It's preposterous I can't carry 40 guns. Very unrealistic.

Let’s be realistic then and limit it to two and a sidearm, would that improve things? With a cap on ammo capacity for good measure?

Currently only level 15 yet I’ve played about 50 hours and only have 25K credits due to having to buy ammo, med kits and better guns.

Do the rewards increase considerably further along the main story? Only I’ve no idea how people are earning enough to buy new ships, it cleared me out just upgrading Frontier a little bit.

The more I play this, the more disappointed I am with it. This is a game which has been in development for 8 years and the end result is just so basic, the game feels like a game from 2015. I mean, its not as if they have had to create a whole new engine. People dismiss Star Citizen and claim that it hasnt been completed, but at least that has some interesting systems and is attempting to move things forward.

This game should have been produced on a new engine. Glad I didnt pay full price for this.

I have no idea how anyone plays this without the weightlifting and ship cargo increase skills.

I know I could just not pick up stuff, but then what's the point in having it all there anyway? What's the point in items and credits if you just essentially ignore them when out and about?
First console command I did was max out weight capacity, and then later date I essentially maxed out ammo stock as I hated how often I'd run out of ammo.

Much more fun where you can pick up whatever you want and the flog it.

It's weird as with skyrim I found a mod like that ruins the feel, but not with this game, and in fact, I feel it ruins the game not using that console command!

Let’s be realistic then and limit it to two and a sidearm, would that improve things? With a cap on ammo capacity for good measure?

Currently only level 15 yet I’ve played about 50 hours and only have 25K credits due to having to buy ammo, med kits and better guns.

Do the rewards increase considerably further along the main story? Only I’ve no idea how people are earning enough to buy new ships, it cleared me out just upgrading Frontier a little bit.

Don't get me wrong, I don't play it for realism but you are not forced to pick everything up. Though I do self enforce restrictions these things sometimes so it doesn't become a brain-dead experience.
Not sure how some gamers would ever cope without mods or cheats.
If you pick everything up, you have to sort it out, or you don't and you don't. Not sure why this is attributed as a design choice flaw instead of player logic.
At least on PC we have the choice to remove most restrictions I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRL

The inventory size is a strange one - there's lots of mitigations (skills/equipment) that increase your carrying (and cargo) capacity and you have companions to carry stuff for you too (if you station companions on your ship you can use them for storage as well).

I spent much of the beginning game having to walk slowly so as not to exhaust myself but once I unlocked
the power to surround yourself in an oxygen bubble
(as well as adding pockets to my suit and upping my carrying capacity using the skills) things generally became more manageable.

My routine is: loot credits, aid items, ammo and resources and any weapons/gear that's better than what I'm currently using (which happens only rarely). Resources get handed off to the companion until they're full then I'll start carrying 'em (along with any stuff that I might want to sell) until my inventory's full - then I'll fast travel back to the ship to stick it all in cargo.

When I get to Jemison I pick up everything and land at the lodge (so a short walk to your infinite stash) - I do my crafting in the basement so it's a short haul to carry the 1000-or-so tons of resources I've accumulated to the benches (wish they'd put that box down there though).

So Bethesda did put stuff in there to help with inventory but (as with nearly everything else) it's locked behind a glacial skills system or random loot drops so I get do get the frustration.

I'm at 190 carry weight, seems plenty to me now as I really dont pick up much, I started with the mindset that I would eventually wish I had picked up everything so I did just that.

Walking around encumbered quickly got old so I just stopped collecting as much stuff, I still have a load on the ship and a load at the lodge but I tend not to grab every single weapon that is lying around now.

Back
Top Bottom