***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

Soldato
My test was at 1080p, raster only, DLSS to performance. It wasn't that much load in the GPU. Is the same as in Microsoft Flying Sim, FG adds a lot of "free" frames to smooth things out.

But those two games are massively graphics bound. Cyberpunk 2077 is very graphics intensive,and MS Flight Simulator has massive draw distances. The consoles can stay at a constant 30FPS in space and on planets in places with large draw distances and appear to be GPU bound. Frame generation might possibly help add more FPS in those GPU bound areas,sure but not sure elsewhere. The CPU issues seem to manifest themselves in cities,areas with lots of NPCs and during some firefights.

When I am in my modded large settlements in Fallout 4,I am CPU bound massively and that is running higher res texture mods,etc. I can limited my RTX3060TI FE to nearly 50% power and I am still CPU limited at qHD. I can teleport in 20 more NPCs and see my FPS go down. If I build more automation,my FPS goes down. Run mods like Sim Settlements 2 and the same.In fact in Fallout 4,there is the triangle of doom,ie,basically three settlements which are next to each other. If you build up those three settlements,the FPS in the whole area starts going down the drain without even entering the settlements!

Last edited:
Caporegime
But those two games are massively graphics bound. Cyberpunk 2077 is very graphics intensive,and MS Flight Simulator has massive draw distances. The consoles can stay at a constant 30FPS in space and on planets in places with large draw distances and appear to be GPU bound. Frame generation might possibly help add more FPS in those GPU bound areas,sure but not sure elsewhere. The CPU issues seem to manifest themselves in cities,areas with lots of NPCs and during some firefights.

When I am in my modded large settlements in Fallout 4,I am CPU bound massively and that is running higher res texture mods,etc. I can limited my RTX3060TI FE to nearly 50% power and I am still CPU limited at qHD. I can teleport in 20 more NPCs and see my FPS go down. If I build more automation,my FPS goes down. Run mods like Sim Settlements 2 and the same.In fact in Fallout 4,there is the triangle of doom,ie,basically three settlements which are next to each other. If you build up those three settlements,the FPS in the whole area starts going down the drain without even entering the settlements!

Its interesting that it has FSR3 for the Series X, i don't really know what to make of it, IE does it need it just to get 30Hz or is there a performance mode that uses it, its just interesting with your dGPU / CPU performance charts in mind.

Last edited:
Soldato

You're definitely not graphics bound when your GPU sits at 46% loading... So yeah, where CPU bound, FG will overcome that by a lot - aka double the frame rate aka smoother to play: CB, MSFS, SF if it would have been added...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
For ref from an Intel angle, Cyberpunk is definitely GPU bound at 3440x1440P with or without FG enabled. My 12700KF is at 43%~ with FG disabled, path traced enabled, DLSS Auto, Psycho SSR and other ultra settings yielding ~90fps out on the highways or circa 75-80fps in the city. The CPU usage doesn't really change with FG enabled either, GPU use remains 97-99% at 80% power limit, again with or without FG enabled.

Since Starfield has no RT, I would have fully expected much better framerates as opposed to what's been talked about so far. It doesn't appear to be doing anything super CPU intensive either in videos currently seen so what's up with that lol. Cyberpunk on the other hand has a whole lot going on and its 40-50% CPU usage at 1440P for a 12th gen i7 seems very well optimised given the broad usage of all threads evenly.

I'll see what Starfield is like under the same hardware at 1am though and report back. Kinda hyped just for the technical performance side of things alone lol.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
For ref from an Intel angle, Cyberpunk is definitely GPU bound at 3440x1440P with or without FG enabled. My 12700KF is at 43%~ with FG disabled, path traced enabled, DLSS Auto, Psycho SSR and other ultra settings yielding ~90fps out on the highways or circa 75-80fps in the city. The CPU usage doesn't really change with FG enabled either, GPU use remains 97-99% at 80% power limit, again with or without FG enabled.
I read that and the previous few posts, but for some reason all I got was....

Associate
The cheap Premium upgrade on Gamepass that I've seen a few people mention, do I need to buy the full version of the game on there to do this, or is it some sort of workaround to get the Premium version for cheap?

Man of Honour
The cheap Premium upgrade on Gamepass that I've seen a few people mention, do I need to buy the full version of the game on there to do this, or is it some sort of workaround to get the Premium version for cheap?
Havent done it myself but I dont think you need to buy the normal version, I think you just pay the upgrade price and that gives you the premium version for "cheap"

Associate
Havent done it myself but I dont think you need to buy the normal version, I think you just pay the upgrade price and that gives you the premium version for "cheap"
Ah, okay, yeah. I was doing a bit of reading about it and it's not really a 'workaround', as Bethesda have said themselves you can do this. Thanks though!

Associate
Ah, okay, yeah. I was doing a bit of reading about it and it's not really a 'workaround', as Bethesda have said themselves you can do this. Thanks though!
I think you *might* only be left with the Premium Upgrade if you let your gamepass lapse though. Fairly sure that's how buying DLC works.

Caporegime
I am killing time by watching a programme on compulsive hoarders.

This makes me think that I hope the inventory system works well.

Any confessions you would like to share with the group?

I just helped my mother move house, 3 van loads of clutter boxes, in a somewhat mildly frustrated but also joking but not joking way i told her she has a hording problem, in a suspiciously defensive way she rebuked "NO!!!! NONE OF IT IS RUBBISH" :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom