***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

Man of Honour
Finally got the last achievement: Reach for the Stars. It's a slog, but the last few levels were helped by finding a great XP farming technique on (IIRC) Reddit. Go to the Serpentis system, and any planet. Count to ten and you will get bounced by one to four Va'ruun ships, up to about level 64. Destroy them, then travel to the next moon/planet and repeat. Pretty much the only time you don't get bounced is if the game puts a different random encounter in for that planet. Once you've mined every orbiting body, jump out to another system, then jump back in and repeat. There doesn't seem to be any time waiting required. Obviously you need a solid Class C ship and some useful ship perks, but otherwise it's just fast travel, XP, fast travel XP etc. Fast travel is your friend here, not your enemy.

Associate
This seems like game to come back to in 2-3 years, once it's actually finished, like Cyberpunk :D

Although descriptions of the game sound a lot like No Man's Sky (repetitive, lifeless, boring, etc) so maybe it's a lost cause...

Last edited:
Soldato
This seems like game to come back to in 2-3 years, once it's actually finished, like Cyberpunk :D

Although descriptions of the game sound a lot like No Man's Sky (repetitive, lifeless, boring, etc) so maybe it's a lost cause...

Is that the game they released a massive patch for with bug fixes only 5 days ago and there are still plenty left?
At least they turned it around though mind.

Last edited:
Associate
Ah, so you haven't played the game but don't like it?

I'm not at the point of liking or not liking it, that's impossible. I am at the point of buying or not buying it, where the opinions of those have bought and played it are important.

Is that the game they released a massive patch for with bug fixes only 5 days ago and there are still plenty left?
At least they turned it around though mind.

People complained greatly about both Cyberpunk and No Mans Sky at launch, now they are looked upon much more favourably. So I just assumed Starfield, which had a similarly mixed response, would follow the same path and get better over time? Should I not have any faith in Bethesda :D?

Man of Honour
People complained greatly about both Cyberpunk and No Mans Sky at launch, now they are looked upon much more favourably. So I just assumed Starfield, which had a similarly mixed response, would follow the same path and get better over time? Should I not have any faith in Bethesda :D?
The thing here is that Starfield player figures on Steam has shrunk massively regardless of the big patch releases, whereas Cyberpunk increased massively. The two cannot be compared the same way. The gameplay of Starfield remains the same, whereas Cyberpunk is for all intents and purposes a new game experience after update 2.0, with a full story DLC that on its own can hold its own, whilst Bethesda fix the bugs that they originally publicly stated they can't be bothered to fix because they didn't deem them annoying enough to warrant time needed to fix them, but the diminishing player numbers meant they were forced to do something.

On top of that, the player reviews are overwhelmingly negative across the board with only die-hards still clutching on with some hope.

Last edited:
Soldato
Like clockwork :cry:lets revisit in 3 years, after all that's what it took CDPR to finish their game after release :)

Maybe if they add scantly clad 'women' it will buy some good will hey.

Last edited:
Soldato
I played Cyberpunk at launch and ready enjoyed it. I went back recently with Phantom Liberty and think they have ruined the gameplay, especially the hacking side so have stopped playing and Srarred Starfield which I am enjoying.

Soldato
I stopped playing just before the last mission and have no real desire to continue. The plot twist just wasn't satisfying to me.

Ironic that I'm still firing up Skyrim to play (in VR) after all these years yet have no enthusiasm for Starfield.

Soldato
I stopped playing just before the last mission and have no real desire to continue. The plot twist just wasn't satisfying to me.

Ironic that I'm still firing up Skyrim to play (in VR) after all these years yet have no enthusiasm for Starfield.

Why is it ironic? I loved Skyrim and Morrowind but not Oblivion at all. I enjoyed Star field but the story has never been a reason I play any of those games, the main one anyway. Side quests have been good generally.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is it ironic? I loved Skyrim and Morrowind but not Oblivion at all. I enjoyed Star field but the story has never been a reason I play any of those games, the main one anyway. Side quests have been good generally.

Because Skyrim a game over a decade old holds my attention more than Starfield which is a recent release.

The problem is that once you've played the main story in Starfield or didn't feel motivated to complete it then the rest of the game just doesn't hold up compared to Skyrim. The way it's structured makes exploration boring, and most of the content on the planets is complete cookie cutter cut'n'paste of the same bases and scenarios over and over again. It's a big step back from Skyrim where much of the fun was exploring the locations you find randomly when travelling to another location, and which all were unique (even if they used some repeating elements).

In Starfield not only are the planetary base layouts the same but they even all the props and dressing are exactly the same. I'd understand having standard base designs, but each one should be customised inside to make them feel different.

Back
Top Bottom