*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Anyone who had the payment email last Thursday have an update on the delivery on Deck?

I put off ordering as I'm away for three weeks, so didn't want to miss the delivery.

Anyone who had the payment email last Thursday have an update on the delivery on Deck?

I put off ordering as I'm away for three weeks, so didn't want to miss the delivery.

Entered onto system - 03/10
Handed to GLS - 03/10
Left parcel centre - 03/10
Entered UK - 06/10

Last edited:
Entered onto system - 03/10
Handed to GLS - 03/10
Left parcel centre - 03/10
Entered UK - 06/10
Nice, looks like I would have been cutting it too close for delivery as I'm leaving on Saturday. Will order when I get back as it seems the order confirmation email takes just a few days now, thanks :)

Update on the Windows SD card install. Everything is working great apart from the speakers, sadly it blue screens when you attempt to install the drivers for it. Seems to be a bug with W11 22H2. Headphones on the other hand works completely fine so I can cope with that. Definitely loads a bit slower than SteamOS on the m.2 drive but at least I can play the games with the annoying anti-cheat stopping it from working on Linux.

Hopefully there will be further driver updates provided for Windows as it would be nice, especially GPU wise.

Hopefully there will be further driver updates provided for Windows as it would be nice, especially GPU wise.
I just came across another post that if you go into the BIOS and change the UMA buffer size from 1GB to 4GB it can significantly help performance. Doesn't affect SteamOS since it can change it dynamically on the fly while Windows can't.

On the other hand, I had to disable sleep on Windows, left it to download a couple of games only to come back to the SD being off and crashed.

EDIT: Cheers @hyperseven now I see why sleep doesn't work, it's because of hibernate, will turn that off.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
I just came across another post that if you go into the BIOS and change the UMA buffer size from 1GB to 4GB it can significantly help performance. Doesn't affect SteamOS since it can change it dynamically on the fly while Windows can't.

On the other hand, I had to disable sleep on Windows, left it to download a couple of games only to come back to the SD being off and crashed.

EDIT: Cheers @hyperseven now I see why sleep doesn't work, it's because of hibernate, will turn that off.

Ooooo thanks for the tip. Will give that a go later. :)

Same, it looks good, and plus side it has two display out, but the JSAUX dock is cheaper and looks more premium.

EDIT: Didn't see that it comes with a charger. I guess that makes the dock much more worth it.

I was going to get it, and almost did, but it's only a 2 weeks wait anyway and I have a dongle that works so I am happy to wait for reviews.

Back
Top Bottom