*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Does anyone know how to change the resolution when playing games via heroic launcher? i want to play Tetris effect but it wont go past 1280x800

Plug in an external monitor? 1280x800 is the native res of the Steam Deck I believe, so you won’t be able to go above that without outputting it onto a monitor or TV.

Plug in an external monitor? 1280x800 is the native res of the Steam Deck I believe, so you won’t be able to go above that without outputting it onto a monitor or TV.
i worked it out in the end i put it up to 2560x1440p but it just doesn't look right in game looks too small

Howdi everyone, a lot of pages in this thread. I have checked back a good few pages and a lot to digest as always.

I have mine on order and hopefully will get it soon.

Can anyone please give me some good tips on a starting point, what I need to install etc for the best experience?

I am looking to play emulator games, some old mame titles etc as well as my steam library. Do the F1 games work, anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Howdi everyone, a lot of pages in this thread. I have checked back a good few pages and a lot to digest as always.

I have mine on order and hopefully will get it soon.

Can anyone please give me some good tips on a starting point, what I need to install etc for the best experience?

I am looking to play emulator games, some old mame titles etc as well as my steam library. Do the F1 games work, anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Use EmuDeck for emulation.
Check ProtonDB for how everything runs on Linux, it is much more up to date than Steam Verified as it has been running for years. It also gives you tips on how to get some games working if they are not fully compatible out of the box. That website will be your best friend.

got my email yesterday for preparing to ship and it now says its on its way to the final parcel center! going to order a screen protector and case for it today i think, sd card for retro and foldable keyboard will come a bit later but are 100% on my list

cant wait

Use EmuDeck for emulation.
Check ProtonDB for how everything runs on Linux, it is much more up to date than Steam Verified as it has been running for years. It also gives you tips on how to get some games working if they are not fully compatible out of the box. That website will be your best friend.
Than you, much appreciated.

Update on the Windows SD card install. Everything is working great apart from the speakers, sadly it blue screens when you attempt to install the drivers for it. Seems to be a bug with W11 22H2. Headphones on the other hand works completely fine so I can cope with that. Definitely loads a bit slower than SteamOS on the m.2 drive but at least I can play the games with the annoying anti-cheat stopping it from working on Linux.

Back
Top Bottom