*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

I am finding Windows perfectly fine so far, been playing Turtles Shredders Revenge on Game Pass, such a great game. Co-op online so much fun.

Also, I see PoE has full controller support now, going to try it on the deck.

Last edited:
Watching that PS3 video a page back I feel the need to point out that Open Goal, a complete reverse engineering of Jak and Daxter's engine, runs like an absolute dream on Steam Deck with improved visuals, mod support and a vastly expanded options menu. They're working on the second and third games too.

Not yet, not looked into it till now, I think this is the best program after a quick Google search : https://github.com/project-sbc/Power-Control-Panel and you can map it to the right button using SWICD.

That's the one just use the newer v2 :)

-----

Some kind soul has started a git wiki page for all things Windows:

I'd say it will take about 15-20mins to set it all on a fresh Win install will all the necessary tweaks up and then you should be golden.

Last edited:
That's the one just use the newer v2 :)

-----

Some kind soul has started a git wiki page for all things Windows:

I'd say it will take about 15-20mins to set it all on a fresh Win install will all the necessary tweaks up and then you should be golden.
Got an issue.. I can't install Windows on the internal SSD, any idea why?

IMG20221022203428.jpg
IMG20221022203436.jpg

Edit: DoI need to use a tool that supports ext4 then, like Gparted. Wipe the drive using that tool and create a new NTFS partition for Windows?

Last edited:
In that link you gave me it says:

How else can I install Windows if I only have 64GB ?

Be warned that if you do this, you will not be able to perform any SteamOS firmware updates, this includes the SteamOS dock(there have been reports of people that have successfully "flashed" the firmware without SteamOS, but it is a risky process and this guide will not be covering that). You will need to erase the SteamDeck partition completely before proceeding with Windows install. This guide will not cover that process, but if you use G-Parted or another similar Partition Tool, then you can erase the SteamOS partition and proceed to install Windows with a USB Flash Drive.

I am screwed now right? I don't have a USB flash drive/USB C adapter. Only SD card.. oh man I can't even get Steam OS back on now can I? :(

Got a 512GB steam deck and am playing about with Cyberpunk installed from GOG using Heoric but the performance is terrible (loads of stuttering and 25fps) following the same setting as a number of vids on youtube and i've gone as far as installing the fsr 2.0 mod but still no avail. Has anyone installed it from GOG and achieved reasonable performance (akin to steam version)? If so how did you do it?

I'm keeping mine stock as I tried fallout 4 last night and it was spot on. Started a new playthrough so by the time I finish the deck 2 will be out lol.

There was a comment from valve about the deck 2 having a better streaming focus and with steam now on some Chromebooks and gaming Chromebooks coming out could we see a steaming service from steam possibly using Google's Stadia framework?

Just put my order in for the 256gb model :D

I was looking at getting the Dbrand killswitch case, but have seen some cheaper alternatives on Amazon, has anyone given any of these a go?

I have some cheapo one for my Switch lite and it works great, so looking for something that is practical for the Deck, kickstand not required, just good decent grip over the standard system.

Got a 512GB steam deck and am playing about with Cyberpunk installed from GOG using Heoric but the performance is terrible (loads of stuttering and 25fps) following the same setting as a number of vids on youtube and i've gone as far as installing the fsr 2.0 mod but still no avail. Has anyone installed it from GOG and achieved reasonable performance (akin to steam version)? If so how did you do it?
Seems okay here, I mean performance drops below 30 at times and frame times can look a bit sketch particularly when driving but not bad given the specs. Are you always getting only 25fps and do you have an example of one of the YT vids. Personally I just selected the steam deck profile in graphics menu then turned everything down another notch.
Could also try just adding the .exe directly to steam and not via heroic since GOG version has no DRM.

Just put my order in for the 256gb model :D

I was looking at getting the Dbrand killswitch case, but have seen some cheaper alternatives on Amazon, has anyone given any of these a go?

I have some cheapo one for my Switch lite and it works great, so looking for something that is practical for the Deck, kickstand not required, just good decent grip over the standard system.

I had this one before I sold my Steam Deck and was really pleased with it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B2WJNXYT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm thinking about picking up another one now and would buy this again

Back
Top Bottom