*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

I have a LG C1 and reading this and @Spleen Sauce experience has dampened my excitement a tad! :(

My Steam dock turned up yesterday, so in light of the above, leaving it until the weekend to try, will report back with experience.

Did you try another HDMI cable - sorry if a daft observation!
Yep tried an 8K capable HDMI cable. No difference.

Thanks Spleen, curiosity got the better of me, just hooked my Steam Dock up to my office LG C1 and its working fine, no artefacts, sound all coming through. I do like it but its not quite there with Switch compatibility. The Switch just works whereas hooking a controller to the Deck is a mixed bag!

The old wired 360 works in SteamOS same with the Xbox 2013 controller, wired they are both recognised, only mapping in a game is the tricky part, the game is not recognising unless its a 'verified' game. To be fair I just threw it all together to see if the Dock works and it does. Haven't dabbled with wireless much as patience is in short supply, so will try again another time.

Just wanted to report that there is hope!

Thanks Spleen, curiosity got the better of me, just hooked my Steam Dock up to my office LG C1 and its working fine, no artefacts, sound all coming through. I do like it but its not quite there with Switch compatibility. The Switch just works whereas hooking a controller to the Deck is a mixed bag!

The old wired 360 works in SteamOS same with the Xbox 2013 controller, wired they are both recognised, only mapping in a game is the tricky part, the game is not recognising unless its a 'verified' game. To be fair I just threw it all together to see if the Dock works and it does. Haven't dabbled with wireless much as patience is in short supply, so will try again another time.

Just wanted to report that there is hope!
Getting the Deck to output on my LG is fine, it’s the wireless controller via Bluetooth but that’s the real issue - the input lag is abysmal. I thought it might have been because I was playing a CPU-intensive game on the Deck, so tried a simple one but still the same. Also tried reducing the output resolution to 1080p, same issue. Remote play same problem. Upgraded the firmware on the Xbox controller via the ‘Xbox accessories’ app on the PC - didn’t fix it.
Plugging the controller in via USB cable to the back of the dock does fix the input lag, so it’s definitely an issue with the Bluetooth connectivity. I also tried pairing a Switch Pro controller wirelessly - same issue.

I have a LG C1 and reading this and @Spleen Sauce experience has dampened my excitement a tad! :(

My Steam dock turned up yesterday, so in light of the above, leaving it until the weekend to try, will report back with experience.

Did you try another HDMI cable - sorry if a daft observation!

Sorry I should've reported back sooner. Was looking for a display port cable to see if that made any difference and found a generic hdmi cable. Thought I'd give it a try, worked straight away! Mad as the other cable works with everything else.

Tested a few games and I prefer 'pixel' type indie/retro style as it suits the lower res on larger screens.

Just glad it's working ok :)

Although I agree it needs a screen off option in game mode you can just switch to desktop mode or just allow downlaods in the background and play on it.

Waiting for a good deal before I pick it up. Still got many games to get through.
It's seriously good! running high settings with FSR and getting 60fps most of the time, it looks incredible.

I'm going to install windows on micro sd now, fancy giving it a try, going to use this method: https://wagnerstechtalk.com/sd-windows/#Q_A

Allows it to be run from sd card and not affecting my steam os install on the internal drive.

Main reason is literally playing games that for whatever reason won't run on the Deck.

If it wasn't for Bungie I probably wouldn't bother with Windows at all. Annoying as the Anti Cheat they use literally has a Linux version and D2 fits perfectly with the "30 min quick blast before sleep / on lunch" paradigm the Deck works perfectly for.

Saying that this is the developer whose flagship game didn't work at all when Zen 2 launched AND took months to fix RDNA 2 performance issues so being slower than lava on a slight decline isn't that surprising to me.

Looking to place an order on Sunday so it doesn’t arrive until I get back from holiday.

Was set on the 256gb one, but now considering the 512gb, are there still reports of the anti-glare screen having issues, or have these been fixed now?

I‘ve tried a cheap anti-glare screen for my Switch, but made everything significantly more blurry, but did a decent job of reducing the glare, will it be the same on the Deck?

I have a 512gb deck and a couple of guys at work have 256gb versions, and we compared the screens.
They were really impressed with the anti-glare screen. It's way less reflective. If the cost of the 512gb wasn't so much higher they would have preferred to have that screen.

Back
Top Bottom