*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

I do not have a SteamDeck. I am not at all envious of you all... :o

Anyway. My mate has bought a SteamDeck, but also has a recent child, which has stopped us doing much online play together.

Can I ask you chaps with knowledge of the system for some recommendations of coop games that we could play online with a couple of us on PCs and him on his deck?

Due to the mentioned child, he's also relatively penniless, so older games which are likely to be cheap or already owned are preferred! :D
(Or anything you know is available via a cheap bundle currently I guess.)

Cheers for any suggestions.

Last edited:

Anyway. My mate has bought a SteamDeck, but also has a recent child, which has stopped us doing much online play together.

Can I ask you chaps with knowledge of the system for some recommendations of coop games that we could play online with a couple of us on PCs and him on his deck?

Due to the mentioned child, he's also relatively penniless, so older games which are likely to be cheap or already owned are preferred! :D

Warhammer Vermintide 2 is currently free on Steam, which has a good coop. I can also recommend Helldivers as a good solid coop game, was playing the other day with my friend on his deck.

Ha! The funny thing is that Vermintide 2 is exactly what prompted this question. He had us all download it, then declared that it turned out it would be really complicated to get working so could we look for something you just load up and play.

Is he wrong?

Last edited:
Warhammer Vermintide 2 is currently free on Steam, which has a good coop. I can also recommend Helldivers as a good solid coop game, was playing the other day with my friend on his deck.
Does helldivers work on steamos or does it need windows? I was going to suggest it to a friend.

What‘s the performance like between steam os and windows now, are game running better on windows?
I find it a bit varied. For example; The Ascent, Sackboy, GTA5 and Titanfall 2 all run quite a bit better on SteamOS, whereas No Man’s Sky ran a bit better on Windows for me (less stuttering). Overall I feel like SteamOS does perform a bit better.

Divinity original sin 2 runs great on steam deck and has good co op if you can handle a slower story focused game

Edit, also thinking on it valhiem is good fun co op and works well on steam deck

Last edited:
I've done some testing this morning using the inbuilt benchmark on Forza Horizon 5 with the latest update and new GPU Driver (Windows 11H2 running from SSD). I use a mixture of High/Med settings:

Old Driver/Pre Update version - 43FPS
New Driver and update - 45fps

FSR
Quality - 47fps
Balanced - 49fps
Performance - 50fps
Ultra Perf - 52fps

CAS (0.5 Sharpness)
Ultra - 53fps
Quality - 54fps
Balanced - 55fps
Performance - 56fps

Overall, i preferred FSR Balanced as it didnt really impact the image quality and was really smooth. All the CAS settings made the image look a bit angular and did strange things to the rear lights on the cars in front (it reminded me of Ridge Racer), and whilst it performs the best, the trade off wasnt worth it.

I've re-downloaded Cyberpunk and the performance is really good with the new patch.

I'm playing native res, with the default preset which is a mixture of high and medium and getting pretty much a locked 30 which is great, as I'd rather have consistent frames then them jumping up and down inbetween 30-45fps, and looks fantastic on the deck, frame times are very consistent as well.

I've re-downloaded Cyberpunk and the performance is really good with the new patch.

I'm playing native res, with the default preset which is a mixture of high and medium and getting pretty much a locked 30 which is great, as I'd rather have consistent frames then them jumping up and down inbetween 30-45fps, and looks fantastic on the deck, frame times are very consistent as well.
Do you have FSR enabled? And guessing you have locked it to 30 via Steam OS?

My steamdeck came today and i'm setting it up, however i'm having issues with xcloud.

I've ran through the document from MS and I launch edge and that's fine, but it wont let me click anything in the web site. The mouse moves with the right track pad but i press down and nothing. Any tips?

Weirdly it works on desktop mode, just not on steam gaming mode thingy.

Last edited:
Do you have FSR enabled? And guessing you have locked it to 30 via Steam OS?
Yep, FSR2.1 enabled and locked to 30 in game, not the os.

Just checked the settings and everything is set to high, apart from contact shadows which is on medium, very very impressed, but I haven't done any shooting yet, so the fps may drop, just been driving around and talking to people/cutscenes.

Back
Top Bottom