*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Soldato
my deck arrived today. £460 for 2nd hand 512gb with a 128gb and 64gb SD card thrown in. it's almost as new. v happy with it. downloading a bunch of games on it (will be out of space in no time..... can't believe xcom2 is 70+ GB!!!!
will definitely get some use out of a bunch of games I would otherwise never play
for such a chunky device it's quite light and the buttons on the back are great.

Associate
my deck arrived today. £460 for 2nd hand 512gb with a 128gb and 64gb SD card thrown in. it's almost as new. v happy with it. downloading a bunch of games on it (will be out of space in no time..... can't believe xcom2 is 70+ GB!!!!
will definitely get some use out of a bunch of games I would otherwise never play
for such a chunky device it's quite light and the buttons on the back are great.
Fb marketplace?

Associate

Not bad! Yea some games are surprisingly large, will fill up fairly quick, but welcome to club!

Associate
Not sure if many use it, but Heroic launcher had decent update.
I also persevered and finally got Jedi fallen order running. I never knew about the new exe which allows me to bypass Epic games

Associate
Windows installation?
Steam OS, but I assume it would work the same with windows. I got mine from epic, which then had to link up to origin and it just wouldn't run. I read online that at some point a second exe got added as they did away with some authentication. I installed/downloaded via origin, then added the new exe as a non steam game and it no longer opens epic or origin.

Associate
Steam OS, but I assume it would work the same with windows. I got mine from epic, which then had to link up to origin and it just wouldn't run. I read online that at some point a second exe got added as they did away with some authentication. I installed/downloaded via origin, then added the new exe as a non steam game and it no longer opens epic or origin.
Fair first thing I'll be doing is looking up how to get the other launcher's on. I'm not planning on using windows if I can help it

Associate
I rebought Titanfall2 and setup a new EA account, now the game won't even open, in desktop mode if I hit play it thinks about it for a few seconds then just craps out :(

Associate
I rebought Titanfall2 and setup a new EA account, now the game won't even open, in desktop mode if I hit play it thinks about it for a few seconds then just craps out :(
It's an EA Play issue. They did an update and it's borked some steam games. Have a Google though as when I was searching for my issue I came across a few Titanfall posts and people had resolved it. Think one of the workarounds was to delete proton files in game management and use 7.30 (not newest version). It does however say to back up any saves before doing this

Associate
What's the latest OS build everyone on? Is the new horizontal perf display only on preview build?
I'm running 3.3.2, there is an update to 3.4 available in the Preview channel, but it caused me issues. Looking at the thread on the Steam site, there are a few bugs that need to be ironed out.

Associate
It's an EA Play issue. They did an update and it's borked some steam games. Have a Google though as when I was searching for my issue I came across a few Titanfall posts and people had resolved it. Think one of the workarounds was to delete proton files in game management and use 7.30 (not newest version). It does however say to back up any saves before doing this
Is hard of the issue but thought they'd fixed that. Where is the game management option? From the game launch screen?

Associate
Is hard of the issue but thought they'd fixed that. Where is the game management option? From the game launch screen?
Yeah it's the cog and then management should display there. Delete proton files and then under properties (I think) in the same menu you can force it to use a different version of proton.
I do love the deck, but there is a fair bit of faffing if the game isn't directly from steam. I spent hours trying to find a save game folder so I could import my saves from desktop.

Soldato
Is everyone using right stick gyro aiming for FPS games? It has been a lifesaver for me, I come from 25 years of Keyboard and Mouse for shooters and always hating FPS games on controllers. I owned an xbox 360 and even though I played a couple of COD games through to completion on it I never got used to it.

But gyro in combo with stick took very little time for me to get used to. I've recently played through COD Modern Warefare 2 from 2009 on the deck. Of course, you can put the graphics to the max and get like 4 hours of play at 60fps. On the small screen the game looks absolutely fine (pushed the saturation up a little using decky). One thing that shines for a game so old is the animation and the sound. I'm always amazed how good the steam deck sounds with the stereo effect really working as the device is so wide.

Only game I can't get gyro working on is CONTROL whenever I try and use gyro it stops the aim down sights as if I have released L2 but I haven't

Last edited:
Associate
Got Titanfall working,

Re-installed it (as I'd deleted it in frustration)
Went onto the desktop site in EA, logged in with my steam account then logged in with the new EA account I'd setup
Booted Titanfall and the blank EA screen popped up for a little while but then went away and the game booted.

I'm so happy :D

Soldato
Got Titanfall working,

Re-installed it (as I'd deleted it in frustration)
Went onto the desktop site in EA, logged in with my steam account then logged in with the new EA account I'd setup
Booted Titanfall and the blank EA screen popped up for a little while but then went away and the game booted.

I'm so happy :D
Yes doing the first launch in Desktop mode is a fix for many older games.

Back
Top Bottom