*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
Anyone playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey on the deck? I own it on uPlay, but it's cheap on Steam at the moment so I thought for an easy life I'd pick up the Steam version. Turns out it basically just launches uPlay launcher anyway. Is there any other benefit to using the Steam version on the deck, or am I better just refunding and trying to get the uPlay version running?

Associate
Quick question, if I buy Mass Effect, will I encounter the who EA issue, or is that with just Origin games you may have bought in the past?
I've not had any issues with mass effect bought through steam, but I did have it installed and running before the ea app thing happened. So I just kind of get a splash screen when I load up the game and never have to try log in to anything new

Soldato
Really wanted to play Titanfall 2 but have an old steam account linked to my EA account so I can NEVER play a game that requires EA play on my SD ever again...

I set EA to ignore on the store and now half the front page is greyed out :/
I have this problem on my PS5… EA account linked to an old PSN account I don’t have anymore. EA useless won’t let you link a new account, no idea why they do it it’s ridiculous.

In the end I just created another EA account with my Gmail and use it for any PS EA games. You could do the same for PC easily enough.

Soldato
Quick question, if I buy Mass Effect, will I encounter the who EA issue, or is that with just Origin games you may have bought in the past?
I have ME LE on steam and on first launch it will install EA App which may need Proton Experimental or Proton GE chosen (it auto picked experimental for me). Once logged in it should remember for future launches :)

Edit: Should mention that on my PC it still uses my existing Origin install in the background.

Last edited:
Associate
Gah!!! I want to like Steam OS, but it's doing my head in.
Anyone with any knowledge of Lutirs etc help me out please? I have Jedi Fallen Order via Epic, which of course then links to Origin/EA. I can't install via Heroic as it doesn't support games outside Epic or Gog. I've now installed Lutirs. All looked good, I have linked Epic, it installled the store, I can see the game, clicked Install and it starts to open EA Play (not origin) and it let me log in etc and then I was able to download and install the game. Yay I thought. However, I then try and run the game and it doesn't work.
I've since installed Origin and pointed it at the game so everything is linked up, but still when I try and launch it I get a wine error. I don't know enough about linux and don't understand all the command line arguments etc.
Anyone been abe to run any game via epic/origin route? If so, how??

Mine just got poorly.

Played a batteries worth of Doom Infinite, got the 3% battery warning and it stuttered and slowed down like mad. Suspended it, went and got the charger and plugged it in. Doom had hung, so I quit. Still sluggish.

Reboot time. Now it doesn't get past the SteamDeck logo. Guess it's reimage time.

Edit - that didn't do it. Need to go into the BIOS and put the battery into transport/storage mode, wait 10 mins then power on with the adapter plugged in.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone managed to get proton tricks installed and issue commands via konsole?

I'm trying to get Assetto Corsa working, and the bash commands aren't being recognised.

I've installed protontricks, flatseal, have made the system writeable, and enabled some options in flatseal available to protontricks, but no luck.

I don't want to install windows to get that one game to work, but that will be as a last resort

Soldato
Has anyone managed to get proton tricks installed and issue commands via konsole?

I'm trying to get Assetto Corsa working, and the bash commands aren't being recognised.

I've installed protontricks, flatseal, have made the system writeable, and enabled some options in flatseal available to protontricks, but no luck.

I don't want to install windows to get that one game to work, but that will be as a last resort
Lol, I ran into the same issues myself :p

From https://github.com/Matoking/protontricks:

To use Protontricks as a command-line application, add shell aliases by running the following commands:

echo "alias protontricks='flatpak run com.github.Matoking.protontricks'" >> ~/.bashrc
echo "alias protontricks-launch='flatpak run --command=protontricks-launch com.github.Matoking.protontricks'" >> ~/.bashrc

You will need to restart your terminal emulator for the aliases to take effect.

Edit: I should add that I installed via the flatpak
so might have just been this line
echo "alias protontricks='flatpak run com.github.Matoking.protontricks'" >> ~/.bashrc

from https://github.com/flathub/com.github.Matoking.protontricks
This is what helped me when I was having issues with getting proton tricks to work.

Back
Top Bottom