*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Permabanned
Been playing Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga on the Deck and it looks and plays fantastic!

DSC-0272.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there a way to stop uplay / origin etc from reinstalling every time I download a steam game that uses origin etc? The main annoyance with it is needing my passwords and 2FA each time. is it otherwise a problem? I only really use it in steamdeck mode rater than desktop mode

Soldato
Is there a way to stop uplay / origin etc from reinstalling every time I download a steam game that uses origin etc? The main annoyance with it is needing my passwords and 2FA each time. is it otherwise a problem? I only really use it in steamdeck mode rater than desktop mode
This is because each game is sandboxed so has its own install of the client. Not sure if there's any way around that.

Really the Steamdeck shows how annoying and useless these launchers are.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone tried Zelda Ocriana of Time PC port ("Ship of Harkinian") yet on deck? It's sublime! I struggled trying to get it to work via the Windows version and proton at first (ran awful) then found the Linux specific build. This runs like a dream, 60fps, right stick camera option, and a shed load of tweaks you can do.

Just trying to decide now whether to play through this version or my ultra modded 3DS version. If I can get texture mods via Specialk working and a reshade and CRT filter set up on Ship of Harkinian, that might swing it...

Last edited:
Associate
Ordered my Deck on Saturday (said 1-2 weeks). Got an email on Monday to say it had been dispatched, but the GLS website just says its entered into the system but they haven't yet received it. Still says that today. Is that normal?

Soldato
Ordered my Deck on Saturday (said 1-2 weeks). Got an email on Monday to say it had been dispatched, but the GLS website just says its entered into the system but they haven't yet received it. Still says that today. Is that normal?

It took good 3-4 days for it to clear that for me.

Soldato

Mine came in 6 days from ordering. That was a month ago though. Can't recall the GLS site specifics. It'll come soon, enjoy it. If you like tinkering with stuff the Deck is really good fun.

Permabanned
I remember a lot of people saying this was going to fail, seems like it's done pretty well after after all
Honestly it's one of the best purchases I've made in a long time. I use it daily. I am in love with it to be honest. To have this amount of power in a hand held and to run full fledged Windows and run any game I like with decent and adaquate performance wherever I want, for the price too. Is simply outstanding. I could not praise it anymore highly. You really need to get one to understand and appreciate how good it really is.

Associate
Anyone had any success with Heroic Launcher for Gog games? I've tried with the first Witcher game, just get the endless steam logo spinny, also tried with Star Wars force unleashed, similar issue. I check on ProtonDB and people have had success, but I seem to get nowhere. I've also added dxsetup installers to the little RUN Exe on Prefix option in the hope that it would install items it may have missed. Nothing works!!! Really frustrating given that others can get it working.
I am running my installs on the sd card, but surely that shouldn't matter?

Back
Top Bottom