*** The Official Steam Deck Thread ***

Associate
The left joystick on on Deck has been grinding against the outer black shell when pressed up and to the right, seems to be a common problem.
Had mine since June so its looking pretty bad now and doesn't feel smooth to play with, got an RMA go hopefully I get a fresh one without this issue :D

Permabanned
The left joystick on on Deck has been grinding against the outer black shell when pressed up and to the right, seems to be a common problem.
Had mine since June so its looking pretty bad now and doesn't feel smooth to play with, got an RMA go hopefully I get a fresh one without this issue :D
No drift or issues with these bad boys
O4asKom_d.webp

Soldato
Anyone had any success with Heroic Launcher for Gog games? I've tried with the first Witcher game, just get the endless steam logo spinny, also tried with Star Wars force unleashed, similar issue. I check on ProtonDB and people have had success, but I seem to get nowhere. I've also added dxsetup installers to the little RUN Exe on Prefix option in the hope that it would install items it may have missed. Nothing works!!! Really frustrating given that others can get it working.
I am running my installs on the sd card, but surely that shouldn't matter?

I've started making my own notes for troublesome games on the Deck!

Witcher 3 was one of them (or do you really mean Witcher 1?) and I had no luck via Heroic either. I actually wanted to install via GOG anyway to have full cloud save functionality across my main PC and the Deck, so these are for installing GOG and running Witcher 3 via that.....

1. Watch this video. Is for Cyberpunk but is exactly same principles to follow

HOWEVER, the Witcher 3 has some 'dependencies' that need installing and it falls over right at the end of the install (about 97%) and gives a message "Installation failed (E2)"

THE FIX
--------

See here: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/ar...-E2-Failed-to-finalize-the-update?product=gog

TEXT COPIED

"GOG GALAXY failed to install the game's dependencies at the end of the installation.
Firstly, please shutdown GOG GALAXY (cogwheel icon in the top left →Exit) and open the app's installation folder (by default in C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG GALAXY):

Please search for a folder called "Dependencies-Temp", rename it to "Dependencies", and if you will be asked - merge it with the original "Dependencies".
Launch GOG GALAXY again and check if the same problem persists"

NOTE: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG GALAXY) will be HERE, as this is where I installed GOG Galaxy as per the video listed at the top: /home/deck/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/4107024146/pfx/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/GOG Galaxy/

DOING THE ABOVE FIX WORKED!.....

....Alternatively, you could also try installing the affected game with the offline installer and import it afterwards to GOG GALAXY:

- open your internet browser and access the GOG library (https://www.gog.com/account)
- select the game
- click below DOWNLOAD OFFLINE BACKUP GAME INSTALLERS
- download all necessary setup files
- open your download folder and run the game's setup
- after completion, wait a moment until the game is imported to your INSTALLED view in GOG GALAXY"

Last edited:
Soldato

Mine did that, but i added a tiny bit of silicone grease to the stick stem and now it's smooth again.

Soldato
Anyone had any success with Heroic Launcher for Gog games? I've tried with the first Witcher game, just get the endless steam logo spinny, also tried with Star Wars force unleashed, similar issue. I check on ProtonDB and people have had success, but I seem to get nowhere. I've also added dxsetup installers to the little RUN Exe on Prefix option in the hope that it would install items it may have missed. Nothing works!!! Really frustrating given that others can get it working.
I am running my installs on the sd card, but surely that shouldn't matter?
If you install them on your PC a lot of the GOG games have no DRM so you can just copy across to the deck and add the executables to Steam and not rely on any launchers.

Associate
I've started making my own notes for troublesome games on the Deck!

Witcher 3 was one of them (or do you really mean Witcher 1?) and I had no luck via Heroic either. I actually wanted to install via GOG anyway to have full cloud save functionality across my main PC and the Deck, so these are for installing GOG and running Witcher 3 via that.....

1. Watch this video. Is for Cyberpunk but is exactly same principles to follow

HOWEVER, the Witcher 3 has some 'dependencies' that need installing and it falls over right at the end of the install (about 97%) and gives a message "Installation failed (E2)"

THE FIX
--------

See here: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/ar...-E2-Failed-to-finalize-the-update?product=gog

TEXT COPIED

"GOG GALAXY failed to install the game's dependencies at the end of the installation.
Firstly, please shutdown GOG GALAXY (cogwheel icon in the top left →Exit) and open the app's installation folder (by default in C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG GALAXY):

Please search for a folder called "Dependencies-Temp", rename it to "Dependencies", and if you will be asked - merge it with the original "Dependencies".
Launch GOG GALAXY again and check if the same problem persists"

NOTE: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG GALAXY) will be HERE, as this is where I installed GOG Galaxy as per the video listed at the top: /home/deck/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/4107024146/pfx/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/GOG Galaxy/

DOING THE ABOVE FIX WORKED!.....

....Alternatively, you could also try installing the affected game with the offline installer and import it afterwards to GOG GALAXY:

- open your internet browser and access the GOG library (https://www.gog.com/account)
- select the game
- click below DOWNLOAD OFFLINE BACKUP GAME INSTALLERS
- download all necessary setup files
- open your download folder and run the game's setup
- after completion, wait a moment until the game is imported to your INSTALLED view in GOG GALAXY"
You legend! Got gog installled and ran Witcher (1) install and got it booted up and running. Now I need to figure out how the heck to get it to use the pad!
Currently installing Star Wars, so hopefully that works as well.

Thanks again

Permabanned
Soldato
Soldato
I had the same issue. Cleaned the stick stem and socket rim with some Isopropyl alcohol, then added a tiny bit of silicone grease and now it's lovely and smooth again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom